This position will log, receive, post, transfer, and distribute merchandise into the bookstore and warehouse inventories. This position will be cross-trained with other detailed receivers in order to fulfill all receiving functions; unloading trucks, ensuring the integrity of shipments, assigning log numbers, creating distribution reports, and receiving and posting orders into inventory. This position will assist with and/or assign transfers, cycle counts, and perform general inventory problem solving as required for inventory control. This position will act as a textbook liaison, receiving, staging and handling on-hand quantities of textbooks at the warehouse during the time leading up to and immediately after the beginning of each new semester. This position will handle storage coordination, requests for pick-ups and deliveries of bookstore resources, and initiate requests for daily deliveries of merchandise with the CU distribution center.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The CU Book Store, owned and operated by the University of Colorado Boulder is your official store for CU merchandise. By shopping at the store that caters to the special needs of a university community, your dollars stay on campus to further the work of this nationally recognized institution.
The CU Book Store offers a convenient place for students to prepare for classes with a large textbook department featuring rental, used, and new textbooks as well as custom published materials and required course supplies. You can also find a full range of office products and school supplies to support your academic and professional pursuits.
Past, present, and future students, as well as CU fans of all ages, will enjoy shopping for the largest custom selection of official CU insignia clothing and gifts on display in our clothing and gift department. You can also shop online anytime and have those special items delivered right to your door!
Computer novices to techies will find what they are looking for in the technology department of the CU Book Store. We understand the academic needs and facility restrictions at CU and are happy to help you select the appropriate hardware, software, and accessories that will enhance your efforts. Special academic pricing is available on laptop and personal computer systems and software licenses. Computer accessories are displayed here to help you get connected now!
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Receive merchandise for resale; receive textbooks and general merchandise by verifying manifest accuracy to CU Book Store purchase orders.
- Collaborate with Warehouse Technicians on a daily basis to organize the workflow for receiving staff (including temporary staff and student staff) to ensure department goals.
- Each day, this position must be able to prioritize which order should be received and in what order based on information communicated via the HUB, email, phone, and/or personal interaction with the warehouse receiving team, materials supervisor, the General Merchandise Asst Director, and the Textbook Buyer.
Coordinate Daily Pickups and Deliveries:
- Coordinate all requests for storage and transportation of merchandise and physical assets with the warehouse receiving team and CU Distribution services.
Complete Transfer Requests:
- All aspects of Transfer Maintenance and Fulfillment.
- Cycle counts and general inventory control.
- Unload and organize daily deliveries (UPS, FedEx, LTL, etc.)
- Log incoming small package and LTL Freight deliveries.
Other duties as assigned:
- Other duties as assigned, including possibly driving deliveries to/from the warehouse to/from the CU Book Store.
- Work special events.
- Work late on weeknights and weekends during the back-to-school rush before and after the start of each new semester.
What We Can Offer
- The salary range for this position is $36,480-$40,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Adaptable. Be Positive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Two years of warehouse experience which includes receiving, storing, and inventory maintenance.
- Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Must be able to exert 100 lbs. occasionally, and 50 lbs. frequently.
- Forklift experience.
- Valid Drivers License.
What You Will Need
- Must be able to think critically and solve problems.
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to work on your feet for the majority of the day.
- Must be able to work under pressure in order to meet departmental goals and deadlines.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Five years experience as a warehouse worker; including receiving, distributing inventory into multiple locations, and order fulfillment in a supervisory role.
- Forklift experience.
- Certified Forklift operator.
- Experience with VR/Ratex/eRatex. MRP/ERP and/or Warehousing Systems.
- Experience with Microsoft products, including SharePoint.
- Experience with onboarding and training new employees.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by July 25, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder