Associate Director, Auxiliary Services Technology (17241)
The position of Associate Director of the Auxiliary Services Technology is a full-time, continuing 12-month position. The position reports to the Senior Director, Dining and Auxiliary Services. This position is responsible for the successful operation of CloudPOS and mobile ordering systems. The systems administrator will oversee system attached hardware, including but not limited to vending, copy and print, retail POS, door access, and card production. They will assist in coordinating the exchange of data between various university systems such as Transact, StarRez Housing, Ellucian-Colleague, C-Cure, Salto, and other departmental solutions and enforcing data integrity standards. The system administrator controls system users and assigns the appropriate rights and privileges to those end users. Track and maintain data as dictated by departmental and university policy. The position supervises a Technology Coordinator. This position is primarily responsible for commerce systems technology and manages all aspects of hardware and software and related services such as project leadership and liaison to the Office of Information Technology and other departments to achieve necessary integrations.
1. Office/University Systems
- Develops reporting mechanisms for equipment replacement and maintenance for all office technology.
- Maintain inventory of equipment for Auxiliary Office, Support Center, Dining, and Laundry.
- Coordinate department technology needs and serves as liaison to OIT, Treasury's Office for credit cards, and ensures PCI requirements.
- Manage regular data coordination between related systems and coordinates imports and exports of data.
- Manages users’ access to Auxiliary Systems.
- Manages the Meal Plan Portal and E-Accounts Systems
- Maintains records of all system upgrades.
- Designs, troubleshoots, daily support of day-to-day network/systems operations.
- Design, evaluates, installs, test, and maintain application packages related to the software and equipment for systems.
- Coordinates with Library on Papercut printing interface for printing and Point-of-Sale system.
- Runs imports StarRez data of new and updated housing assignments.
- Manages exports of photos for university One Card and meal plan to Ellucian-Colleague.
- Uploads all meal plan charges to Student Accounts.
Essential Functions (continued 2)
2. Transaction System
- Oversees the management of the meal plan enrollment process for approximately 4,900 students per semester.
- Manages setup, changes, and closure to meal plans before, during, and at the close of each semester.
- Maintains cardholder databases for monthly audits.
- Conducts weekly and monthly audits of meal plans and other reports related to meal plans and Eaglebucks.
- Develops standard reports for system utilization.
- Manages setup of all Point-Of-Sale, Mobile Ordering, Laundry, Off-Campus EagleBucks Merchants, and Vending equipment in each location and profit center.
- Importing and Exporting data, evaluating, and integrating products.
- Maintains all Card Productions Systems in the Support Center.
- Maintains interfaces to C-Cures and Salto Security Systems
- Works with Associate Director of Auxiliary Services and University Police to resolve issues with card reads.
- Collaborates with Security Systems Owners to assist with processes and administrative services.
Essential Functions (continued 3)
4. Dining System
- Maintains, plans, and designs setup of locations and profit centers for point-of-sale, receipt printers, and other devices in the system.
- Manages Supervisors, cashiers, and Management access in point-of-sale equipment.
- Manage Mobile Ordering Software for Dining, The Davenport Lounge, and The Bridge Café
- Maintains data backup systems with a particular focus on data integrity and proper archiving techniques.
- Maintain dining equipment inventory.
Essential Functions (continued 4)
5. Campus Store/Mail Services Systems
- Liaison with Campus Store and Mail Services campus partner for all technology equipment.
- Maintain interface with Campus Store's point-of-sale equipment for EagleBucks Sales.
- Maintains technology with Mail Services vendor for student mail lockers and email technology.
- Troubleshoots with vendor technical support when necessary.
- Identify, propose, and respond to opportunities for innovative improvements to hardware and software.
- Train all users on systems and provide annual update training for staff. Interact with a variety of external and internal service providers.
- Coordinate Special Projects at the request of the Senior Director of Dining and Auxiliary Services.
- Serve as leader and participant on a variety of university and department committees.
- Supervise Technology Coordinator
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work/Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 4-6 years of relevant experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Demonstrated success in working individually and as a team member, promoting collaborative working relationships, and fostering excellent performance.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with an ethnically and culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students in an environment with a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options.
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Chief Technology & Information Officers Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.