IT Product Manager (16332)
The IT Product Manager is an expert on technology who leads multiple projects that support the needs of university schools, departments, and teams. This position is responsible for guiding the success of a product from requirements through implementation as well as leading the cross-functional team that is responsible for improving it. The Product Manager lays out a product vision and strategy that delivers unique value and necessary fixes and functionality. The Product Manager builds relationships between functions across the university and aligns priorities with teams and vendors.
- Leads, manages, and collaborates with IT cross-functional teams, business partners, and stakeholders to develop, launch, and maintain products (software applications, processes, etc.). Assesses value, develops use cases, and prioritizes stories, features, and initiatives to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product, industry best practices, and university strategy. Leads the continuous enhancement and delivery of new product functionality by gathering, prioritizing, and documenting requirements. Takes initiative to plan and execute work, meeting deadlines and achieving expectations in alignment with project requirements. Establishes strong partnerships with teams, vendors, and sponsors. Prioritizes customer requests based on technology product vision, strategy, end-user value, and resolution of defects/bugs. Oversees/maintains documentation of the applications and provides definitive knowledge for the history and future of a technology product. Develops and maintains standards for testing and progress visibility, reporting on milestones. Manages dependencies in and across releases to complete release phases and milestones.
- Communicates and effectively work with key stakeholders to ensure successful product releases and customer adoption. Clearly articulates the business value to the team, so they understand the intent behind the new product or product release. Proactively creates product roadmaps, project planning, conducts meetings, reviews, retrospectives and demos. Represents products to customers and executive leadership. Serves as a liaison between schools and departments, technology teams, vendors, and other support teams.
- Provides supervision, direction, and support to team members. Identifies and helps coordinate assignments of internal and external resources to meet department and project goals. Advocates/negotiates additional resources as appropriate to ensure achievement of objectives consistent with requestor's expectations/needs. Manages the relationship with the vendor and helps direct training efforts. Manages complex team activities to completion.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full time
- Team Leader/Consultant A
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 4-6 years of relevant experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master's degree
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Experience in managing software development life cycle from requirements to delivery on projects that include new product versions and enhancements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the various principles, practices, methods, and techniques of project management and/or business analysis.
- Experience developing business cases and writing logical, detailed and complete requirements/functional specifications.
- Knowledge of higher education administrative systems and related business principles, methods and procedures highly desirable.
- Experience with change activities (Change Management).
- Hiring for this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options.
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.