This position ensures the effective delivery of
the College's student orientation programs. Through direct
work, and administrative support functions, this role helps to
organize, execute, and ensure the success of HACC's orientations
for new students.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 4 years experience.*
*Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to
successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Such as those
$31,831 - $39,789
Job Specific Task List:
1. Coordinates events and provides logistical support, organization
and structure, and on-site participation to ensure the success of
new student orientation events at HACC's various locations;
provides on-site leadership and runs orientation programs in the
absence of the director or coordinator; participates in orientation
programs at all HACC locations; regular travel to other campuses
for orientation sessions, planning meetings, and collaboration with
colleagues will be required; some evening and weekend hours may be
required. - (Essential)
2. Carries out strategic outreach plans to communicate with new
HACC students before and after orientation in order to bolster
student success and preparedness; develops written and visual
materials, collateral, and reports to support orientation
activities; maintains College web pages that focus on new student
orientation and the successful transition to college. -
3. Deploys assessment tools and tracks orientation learning
outcomes, gathering data and feedback to help the unit measure the
effectiveness of the orientation and onboarding experiences offered
to students; gathers data on a range of new student populations
such as traditional-age students, dual enrollment,
adult/non-traditional students, veterans, first-generation
students, and others. - (Essential)
4. Works independently and effectively manages projects,
demonstrating an ability to prioritize requests and organize the
assigned workload. - (Essential)
5. Provides administrative support to the orientation unit staff by
ordering supplies, tracking budget lines, interacting with
students, answering phones, scheduling meetings, completing
contracts, and reserving campus spaces. - (Essential)
6. Performs other duties as assigned - (Standard)
Full Time 12 Month
If selected for interview,
candidates will be asked to prepare a 5-10 minute presentation.
Topic and details to be presented to candidates selected to
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement:
As an institution of higher
education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an
environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of
inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the
community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to
open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and
equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote
a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect,
and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to
the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all
we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a
climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and
- We provide the most accurate information available in all
Oct 14, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time