Professor - Cybersecurity (Spring 2021)
Professor - Cybersecurity (Spring 2021)
9700 Wade Blvd, Preston Ridge Campus
Frisco, Texas, 75035
We are searching for an experienced Professor - Cybersecurity (Spring 2021) .
Teach assigned workforce courses in accordance with the course syllabus and college policy. Continue to update and revise course content and teaching methodology in order to maintain currency and relevance in the respective industry. Maintain familiarity with current texts, materials, teaching aids and techniques relative to courses within the discipline and recommend their adoption when appropriate. Establish professional relationships with respective industry partners to enhance student job and career readiness.
Essential Faculty Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance
with college policies, procedures and Core Values (Learning,
Service and Involvement, Creativity and Innovation, Academic
Excellence, Dignity and Respect, and Integrity).
Strong desire to shape future security professionals through an understanding and application of the three security countermeasures (People, Process, or Technology).
- Must be available to teach morning, afternoon, evening, online (synchronous), online (asynchronous), or weekend sections.
- Teaching assignments may be on one or more of the college's campuses or offsite locations and may include concurrent enrollment, distance education, evening and weekend programs, online instruction and other instructional modalities. Non-teaching assignments include instructional development, academic advising and assisting students, registration assignments, participating in college-wide activities and task forces, and other appropriate responsibilities. These responsibilities may be scheduled within the flexible 170-day faculty calendar.
- Advise and assist students during the ongoing registration process and as needed to improve program completion and success.
- Actively seek ways to improve instruction.
- Remain current in industry certification, designation, and state licensure if required.
- Maintain current knowledge and competence in the appropriate academic or workforce disciplines by engaging in industry networking events, meetings, job site visits, and conferences.
- Request classroom and lab supplies as needed by following college procedures.
- Post and observe a minimum of six office hours per week for purposes of academic advising and student consultation at times which will be most convenient for students. Meet with students as needed by appointment.
- Actively participate in discipline, division and college-wide task forces and committees for an average of two hours per week.
- Actively participate in scheduled discipline, division and college-wide meetings and participate in official graduation ceremonies and department level recognition events.
- Actively participate in college service initiatives to maintain college-wide accreditation as well as maintaining standards required for discipline program review, accreditation and/or approval.
- Establish annual objectives mutually determined with the director or associate dean; including personal, professional, and academic growth plans.
- Contribute to and participate in staff development programs.
- Provide advice and/or assistance with other team members with regard to course content and instructional materials.
- Provide monthly updates to division dean, director, or associate dean to identify key events or concerns for leadership awareness.
- Work with Library staff in the selection of print and non-print materials in the overall collection development of the Library.
- Participate in community activities and services.
- Participate in program advisory committee meetings.
- Perform other duties as determined in consultation with the division dean, director, or associate dean.
For Lab Courses:
- Ability to design, perform, demonstrate, and explain lab exercises for student activities.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and organized laboratory environment and laboratory storage to optimize facility/equipment utilization and safety.
- Conduct initial troubleshooting measures on equipment and promptly labels and reports all equipment in need of repair.
- Ensure compliance with warranty requirements as needed and preventative maintenance on equipment as scheduled.
- Provide adequate safety and security measures to ensure student safety and protection of laboratory equipment.
- Required technical knowledge and/or working experience in the following areas (A single candidate should not expect to have all skill sets in their work history experience):
- Audit participation and remediation experience (SOC 1, 2, or 3, PCI, HIPAA, HITRUST, HiTech, NIST, ISO, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), DFARS, OR other industry standard security audits).
- Hands-on experience with Type 1 and/or 2 hypervisor, cloud administration, cloud security, and/OR containerization.
- Hands-on experience with common security techniques and tools such as Network Access Control, firewalls, device control, whitening solutions, IPS/IDS (IPDS) solutions, Data Loss Prevention (DLP) systems, mail relay, Endpoint Protection Solutions, common anti-virus administration consoles, encryption implementation, advanced cybersecurity toolkits, malware analysis, penetration testing, various digital forensics tools, Pen-testing platforms, vulnerability management (scanning, identification, management, and remediation), risk management, SIEM, and SOAR solutions, and defense in depth strategies.
- Working packet crafting knowledge dealing with the design, implementation, manipulation, and analysis of services and protocols including Domain Name System (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Network Time Protocol (NTP), H.323, Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), Transport Control Protocol (TCP), Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4), Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6), Internet Control Messaging Protocol (ICMP), and other routing and routed protocols.
- Knowledge of event/incident/attack detection and classification for various DNS manipulation, watering hole, (D)DoS attack types (UDP/ICMP Flood, SYN Flood, HTTP Get Flood, TCP Connection Attack, TCP Flag-based Attacks), Brute Force techniques.
Preferred knowledge, working experience, or affiliation in the following areas:
- Committee members and presenters are highly preferred IEEE, ISO, NIST, ANSI, or other Industry Standards organizations of emerging security concepts and technologies
- Membership and active participation with National and Regional security, privacy, or risk management organizations (for example EC Council, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, ISSA, IAPP, CSA, OWASP, RIMS, RMA, or NTXISSA).
- SOC technician (Tier 1, 2, or 3), incidence response, penetration tester, or digital forensic technician workforce experience.
- Strategic and tactical working knowledge of red, blue, and purple team strategies a must.
- Secure Software Development Lifecycle
- Hands-on experience with analyzing, diagnosing and resolving problems in support of router/switches, firewalls, wireless, and IoT. Active Directory and Group Policy Objects, Microsoft Windows operating systems and Windows 7/8/10/Server 2012/2016/2019, and Linux operating systems.
- Junior College teaching experience is preferred, academic teaching experience is required.
Master's degree (or Bachelor’s degree plus 18 graduate hours) in CyberSecurity, Information Assurance, Security Engineering, or related security technology from a regionally accredited institution required.
If applying with a Bachelors plus 18 graduate hours, a Master’s in CyberSecurity, Information Assurance, or related security technology from a regionally accredited institution must be completed within one (1) year of accepting this position.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
CISSP, GIAC certifications, GPEN, C|EH (M), OSCP, (or other vendor agnostic Penetration Testing security certification), CHFI, SSCP, CND (or other vendor agnostic defensive security certification such as Security +), CSA (Certified SOC Analyst), CTIA, CCSP (ISC2, Cloud Security Alliance, or other vendor agnostic cloud security certification).
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Faculty
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $53,050.00 - 65,048.00 *Salary is contingent upon contract days, education, and experience.*
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney