Director Academic Achievement Center & Language Resource Center
Posting Job Title
Director, Academic Achievement Center and the Language Resource Center
Number of openings
The director oversees the operation of the Academic Achievement Center and the Language Resource Center within the Academic Resource Center by serving as the content, pedagogical, and technical expert. The director hires, trains, and supervises staff, manages budgets, and works with academic departments on behalf of the Academic Achievement Center and the Language Resource Center. The director collaborates with campus partners to provide a holistic approach to student success. There may be other duties as assigned. The Academic Resource Center is part of the Academic Support Division and also includes the Math Resource Center, the Science Resource Center, and the Writing Center.
• Master’s degree in Education, Curriculum and Instruction/Special Education, Higher
Education Administration, or a related field.
• Good communication skills, including listening with understanding and patience.
• Ability to communicate skills and concepts clearly, both orally and in written form, either
one to one or in a small group setting.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Good organizational skills.
• Proven ability to use a variety of computer programs and standard office equipment.
• Knowledge of the ADA, FERPA, and other relevant higher education laws and regulations.
• Two years of related experience, including supervisory experience.
• Knowledge of the post-secondary education environment including how to provide
supports for student success in collaboration with other college partners.
• Experience teaching at the post-secondary level.
• Experience working with college students and managing staff in a learning center
• Experience working with students with disabilities.
• Experience organizing regional conferences.
• Experience working with enterprise student support applications, training staff on
technology, and innovating related processes.
• Experience with American sign language and/or international languages and/or English as a
Required application documents
Official transcripts will be required upon hire
Hours per Week
Monday - Friday, 8:00a.m. - 5:00p.m., occasional other hours as needed.
Salary Grade Level
Competitive rate of pay
Overland Park Main Campus
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College (JCCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. JCCC provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email Hr@jccc.edu.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc.) refer to the links on our Career page.
Advertised: 19 Jul 2021 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 13 Aug 2021 Central Daylight Time