Director, International Education
Posting Job Title
Director, International Education
Number of openings
The director provides leadership for and management of the International Education Office, including program planning and implementation. The director oversees budget development and management, institutional partnerships, international exchanges and grants, student study abroad programs, international curriculum initiatives and grant projects, and other activities that contribute to global and international awareness and knowledge at JCCC. Programming also includes the Global Awareness Program, the annual Greater Kansas City Peacebuilding Conference, and supporting faculty/staff international travel.
• Master’s degree from an accredited university.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Minimum of three years of experience in international education or directly related field at
an institution of higher education including one year of supervisory experience.
• International travel experience and knowledge.
• Ability to maintain an established work schedule but with necessary flexibility (will often be
• Demonstrated ability to work with individuals from other cultures with tact and diplomacy.
• Detail oriented.
• Logistical and planning ability.
• Experience in preparing and monitoring budgets.
• Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
• Experience in maintaining the confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
• Graduate degree in an international studies-related field.
• A minimum of three years community college experience.
• Experience managing grants.
• Experience developing and managing study abroad programs at an institution of higher
• Experience teaching part-time or full-time at an institution of higher education.
Required application documents
Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
Hours per Week
Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m., occasional other hours as needed.
Salary Grade Level
Competitive rate of pay
Overland Park Main Campus
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other factors which cannot be lawfully considered, to the extent specified by applicable federal and state laws.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email Hr@jccc.edu.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc.) refer to the links on our Career page.
Advertised: 19 Jul 2021 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 13 Aug 2021 Central Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Lenexa
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lenexa
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lenexa
- International Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lenexa
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lenexa