Adjunct Associate Professor of Biological Sciences
San Joaquin Delta Community College District
Under the general supervision and direction of the Division Dean
for the Agriculture, Science and Mathematics Division, the primary
responsibility of this position is to teach community college
Duties and responsibilities may include, but not limited to the
- Instruct courses in Biological Sciences in accordance with
credit course outlines approved by the Board of
- Maintain expertise in current teaching methods, discipline
knowledge, and discipline specific technologies.
- Assist students in achieving stated course objectives. Evaluate
the progress of each student and notify students in need of
counseling services and/or tutorial assistance. Track student
learning outcomes and maintain records of student learning
- Participate in the departmental process of curriculum review,
modification, and the assessment of student learning outcomes in
order to make the program successful.
- Support the Division Dean in cooperating with campus and
community groups to provide programs, courses, and information
relevant to the needs of the students and various
- Coordinate with other faculty in the selection of textbooks,
audiovisual and other instructional materials.
- Complete various reporting procedures as required for student
evaluation, course reporting and budget development.
- Assist the Division Dean in the preparation of required reports
by providing requested information.
- Attend various departmental, divisional and campus-wide
activities and events as required.
- Plan and complete approved professional development flex
activities each semester.
- Perform other necessary duties as assigned by the Division Dean
and as outlined in Board Policy.
- Master's or Doctorate Degree in any biological science.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic,
socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of
community college students.
- Demonstrated commitment to student learning and demonstrated
commitment to promoting the success of all students in an
open-access learning environment.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and ability to motivate and teach
community college students of diverse ethnic backgrounds, cultures,
preparation, learning styles and/or disabilities.
- Commitment to professional growth and development, to
innovation and improvement of teaching, and to assuming faculty
responsibilities beyond the classroom in a shared governance
- Demonstrated excellence in preparation and knowledge in the
- Demonstrated interest and exemplary teaching experience in
biological sciences, especially in human biology/core biology/human
anatomy for both science and non-science majors, including both
large lecture and laboratory instruction.
- Expertise in the use of computers for teaching and management
of online course information. Familiarity and ability to teach in a
distance learning environment.
- Ability to teach in a technologically rich environment.
- Ability to teach in a large lecture format.
- Research experience within the Biological Sciences.
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours to meet the needs of
our diverse student population
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 51.91
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 85.01
- External Opening Date: Jan 8, 2019
Stockton, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and
apply on line at the following link: https://deltacollege.referrals.selectminds.com
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access
to its education programs and activities and makes all employment
decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity,
color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual
orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability,
pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally
protected category. The District’s prohibition against sex and
gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual