Resident Hall Director - WVU Tech (Beckley)
West Virginia University Institute of Technology (WVU Tech), part of the WVU system of campuses located in Beckley, WV, is currently inviting applications for the position of Residence Hall Director.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Work a 10 hour/week assignment planning another functional area on campus.
- Directly supervise Resident Assistants in one residence hall, and indirectly supervise Resident Assistants in at least one other hall. Participate in student staff recruitment, selection, training, and evaluation. Staff training includes pre-semester training and in-services.
- Lead the development of an inclusive, welcoming residential community. Ensure Resident Assistants build community and follow departmental programming models.
- Maintain all records of students and facilities with the residence hall assigned too. Includes meetings with students, staff, custodians, and maintenance.
- Advise Hall Council and other student organizations as needed/requested.
- Maintain a minimum of 30 office hours per week. Be available for a 2 week rotating duty schedule.
- Be responsible for adjudicating judicial cases that occur in the residence halls.
- Serve on various committees, auxiliary support to other Student Services departments (Open Houses, Admissions event, Orientation), attend professional development activities.
- Advise residence hall students with academic, social, and personal needs. Refer to appropriate university services when needed.
- Be required to reside in the residence hall.
- Master's Degree in Counseling, College Student Personnel, Higher Education Administration is required; OR a bachelor's degree and an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- 6 months to 1 year experience required.
- Residence Hall experience preferred.
- Previous work with students required.
- Specific experience should include staff supervision, team building, administrative skills, ability to work with diverse populations and the ability to manage multiple task simultaneously.
- Understanding of the needs of traditionally-aged college students and the campus.
- Appreciation for the student learning and growth that comes as a result of participating in a well-developed residence life program.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Advising/counseling skills.
- General knowledge of computers application.
- V alid Drivers License required.
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley — the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb. To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Residence Life Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Student Activities & Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown