Accounts Payable Associate
3452 Spur 399, Collin Higher Education Center
McKinney, Texas, 75069
We are searching for an experiencedAccounts Payable
Responsible for supporting the vendor payment functions of the
college by reviewing payment documentation, entering payment
information into Jaggaer the college payment system. The position
is responsible for reviewing, auditing and approving Concur request
and expense reports for travel reimbursements. Required to respond
to questions from the district, faculty, staff and vendors
regarding a variety of issues related to assigned functions in a
timely manner with a positive attitude.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize Jaggaer and Banner to enter all invoices, travel
reimbursements, and check requests in a timely and accurate
- Review and approved coworkers invoices for accuracy and
- Research and resolve invoice all vendor and invoice
discrepancies and issues.
- Lead training sessions for staff on AP and Concur procedures.
Training can be a group or individual setting.
- Prepare and maintain training documentation for accounts
- Prepare spreadsheets for reconciling vendor payments and
accounts including prepays for travel conferences.
- Monitor encumbrances and purchase orders for accuracy. Follow
up with originating department and/or Purchasing to resolve any
- Process journal entries as needed to correct coding errors,
adjust encumbrances or close purchase orders.
- Prepare and/or assist with weekly check and EFT run process,
including printing, verifying and mailing of checks for a variety
- Process payments to vendors via corporate credit card.
- Review, audit and approve Concur Request and Expense Reports
submitted by staff and faculty.
- Answer phones and troubleshoot Concur issues with staff and
- Assist with month end and year end processing including
spreadsheets, accruals, and other duties.
- Document procedures and recommend changes in procedures to
improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Accounts Payable
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with
co-workers, other district employees and the vendors using
excellent customer service.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility,
cooperation and communication.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with
College policies, procedures and Core Values.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution and years
(2) years related experience required OR a High School diploma/GED
and four (4) years of related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Knowledge of general office and accounting principles and
- Knowledge of Jaggaer, Sciquest and Banner preferred but not
- Knowledge of Concur preferred but not required
- Knowledge of the purchase orders and vendor payment cycle.
- Research and resolution skills
- Math skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills including software programs for communication,
data collection and decision making including, but not limited to,
Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Data entry skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to think critically by applying problem solving
practices, using technology and other resources appropriately
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking and writing
clearly, concisely, and professionally
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a
negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to
lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the
human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs
are sedentary if walking and standing are required only
occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in
this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping,
standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from
unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment.
Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates
will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a
representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities
that will be required of the positions given this title and shall
not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be
requested to perform job-related tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards
Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer
actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $34,309.00 - 39,455.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783
or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or