Accounts Payable Associate
Accounts Payable Associate
3452 Spur 399, Collin Higher Education Center
McKinney, Texas, 75069
We are searching for an experiencedAccounts Payable Associate.
Responsible for supporting the vendor payment functions of the college by reviewing payment documentation, entering payment information into Jaggaer the college payment system. The position is responsible for reviewing, auditing and approving Concur request and expense reports for travel reimbursements. Required to respond to questions from the district, faculty, staff and vendors regarding a variety of issues related to assigned functions in a timely manner with a positive attitude.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize Jaggaer and Banner to enter all invoices, travel reimbursements, and check requests in a timely and accurate manner.
- Review and approved coworkers invoices for accuracy and completeness.
- Research and resolve invoice all vendor and invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Lead training sessions for staff on AP and Concur procedures. Training can be a group or individual setting.
- Prepare and maintain training documentation for accounts payable website.
- Prepare spreadsheets for reconciling vendor payments and accounts including prepays for travel conferences.
- Monitor encumbrances and purchase orders for accuracy. Follow up with originating department and/or Purchasing to resolve any discrepancies.
- Process journal entries as needed to correct coding errors, adjust encumbrances or close purchase orders.
- Prepare and/or assist with weekly check and EFT run process, including printing, verifying and mailing of checks for a variety of payments.
- Process payments to vendors via corporate credit card.
- Review, audit and approve Concur Request and Expense Reports submitted by staff and faculty.
- Answer phones and troubleshoot Concur issues with staff and faculty.
- Assist with month end and year end processing including spreadsheets, accruals, and other duties.
- Document procedures and recommend changes in procedures to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Accounts Payable function.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees and the vendors using excellent customer service.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation and communication.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures and Core Values.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution and years (2) years related experience required OR a High School diploma/GED and four (4) years of related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general office and accounting principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of Jaggaer, Sciquest and Banner preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Concur preferred but not required
- Knowledge of the purchase orders and vendor payment cycle.
- Research and resolution skills
- Math skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills including software programs for communication, data collection and decision making including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Data entry skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to think critically by applying problem solving practices, using technology and other resources appropriately
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking and writing clearly, concisely, and professionally
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $34,309.00 - 39,455.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.