ASSISTANT FOR INSTRUCTIONAL RESOURCES
Academic Affairs, Division of
Staff & Administration
If Part-Time, enter FTE:
Is this a temporary position?
If Temporary, enter End Date:
The instructional designer works with faculty in revising existing
courses by incorporating technology and designing course materials.
Advise faculty in the development of accessible instructional
materials, the application of pedagogy in technology-based
teaching; instructional technology tools and the development and
use of online materials in the delivery of instruction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Works one on one or in small groups with faculty on the
development of technologically enhanced courses
* Assists faculty in revising and redesigning current courses
* Assists in the development of course materials
* Assists faculty in the development of online delivery of courses,
accessible materials, and programs
* Advises faculty on the pedagogy of technology based
* Works with faculty on technology based delivery of courses
* Designs, delivers, and assesses workshops and presentations
* Researches and develops new technologies and makes
recommendations for use
* Communicates effectively in large and small groups and in
* Provides documentation as appropriate and as needed
* Evaluates, tests, and assesses current and emerging instructional
* Participates in library-wide initiatives, working groups, and
committees, as well as campus committees
* Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal skills and ability to
communicate effectively to groups and individuals at all levels of
* Commitment to ongoing professional development
* Professional commitment to positive interactions with a diverse
* Dedication to diverse learning experiences in support of the SUNY
Functional and Supervisory Relationships
* Reports to the associate director of design help who reports to
the director of libraries
* One of three instructional designers on the team
* Works in partnership with librarians and other library staff on
* Works in partnership with staff from other areas of Information
* Master’s degree in instructional design, curriculum development,
educational technology, or similar field.
* Demonstrated in depth experience with instructional technologies,
course management systems and distance education.
* Two years’ experience working in an instructional design
* Experience designing online courses using instructional
technology (e.g. Blackboard)
* Higher education experience
* Demonstrated experience training on a Learning Management System
such as Blackboard Learn, Desire2Learn (D2L), or Canvas.
* Demonstrated professional experience teaching in an educational
* Demonstrated experience assisting faculty with accessibility
guidelines while developing instructional materials.
* Ability to effectively communicate technical information to all
The State University of New York College at Cortland is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with
Disabilities Act (AA/ EEO / ADA ) employer. The College actively
seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a
disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would
enrich the diversity of the College.
Job Close Date
Review Start Date
Open Until Filled
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
Special Instructions to Applicant
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * What is the highest earned degree that you possess, please
include the degree program?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a master's degree?
- Curriculum Vita or Resume
- Cover Letter
- Professional References Contact Info. ONLY (minimum of 3)