Budget Title ASSISTANT FOR INSTRUCTIONAL RESOURCES Campus Title Instructional Designer School/Division Academic Affairs, Division of Department Library Staff Sub-Type Staff & Administration Salary Level SL3 Salary Range Upper $50's Position Effort Full-Time If Part-Time, enter FTE: Is this a temporary position? If Temporary, enter End Date: Position Summary
The instructional designer works with faculty in revising existing courses by incorporating technology and designing course materials. Advise faculty in the development of accessible instructional materials, the application of pedagogy in technology-based teaching; instructional technology tools and the development and use of online materials in the delivery of instruction. Major Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Works one on one or in small groups with faculty on the development of technologically enhanced courses
* Assists faculty in revising and redesigning current courses
* Assists in the development of course materials
* Assists faculty in the development of online delivery of courses, accessible materials, and programs
* Advises faculty on the pedagogy of technology based teaching
* Works with faculty on technology based delivery of courses materials
* Designs, delivers, and assesses workshops and presentations
* Researches and develops new technologies and makes recommendations for use
* Communicates effectively in large and small groups and in writing
* Provides documentation as appropriate and as needed
* Evaluates, tests, and assesses current and emerging instructional technologies
* Participates in library-wide initiatives, working groups, and committees, as well as campus committees
* Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively to groups and individuals at all levels of the organization
* Commitment to ongoing professional development
* Professional commitment to positive interactions with a diverse campus community
* Dedication to diverse learning experiences in support of the SUNY Cortland mission. Functional and Supervisory Relationships
* Reports to the associate director of design help who reports to the director of libraries
* One of three instructional designers on the team
* Works in partnership with librarians and other library staff on library-wide initiatives
* Works in partnership with staff from other areas of Information Resources Required Qualifications
* Master’s degree in instructional design, curriculum development, educational technology, or similar field.
* Demonstrated in depth experience with instructional technologies, course management systems and distance education.
* Two years’ experience working in an instructional design environment. Preferred Qualifications
* Experience designing online courses using instructional technology (e.g. Blackboard)
* Higher education experience
* Demonstrated experience training on a Learning Management System such as Blackboard Learn, Desire2Learn (D2L), or Canvas.
* Demonstrated professional experience teaching in an educational setting.
* Demonstrated experience assisting faculty with accessibility guidelines while developing instructional materials.
* Ability to effectively communicate technical information to all users EEO Statement
The State University of New York College at Cortland is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act (AA/ EEO / ADA ) employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College. Job Close Date
Posting Number S20094 Review Start Date 07/08/2021 Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://jobs.cortland.edu/postings/4862
Special Instructions to Applicant Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest earned degree that you possess, please
include the degree program?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a master's degree?
- Curriculum Vita or Resume
- Cover Letter
- Professional References Contact Info. ONLY (minimum of 3)