Undergraduate Academic Advisor I
The Undergraduate Academic Advisor I provides individual advising to approximately 300 assigned students (first-year students, transfer students, continuing caseload of students or a combination) to assist in transitioning to college, academic planning and progression, and engagement on campus. Advisors possess a working knowledge of college curriculums, university policy, and campus resources. Advisors communicate and meet regularly with students, their assigned College, and the University Advising Center. In addition, this position must maintain an average advising schedule of 30 hours per week, manage student caseloads, participate in on-going training and certification, host various outreach events, intervene with students, and regularly use available technologies to ensure accurate and effective advising. Under general supervision, this position requires strong critical thinking, memorization, attention to detail, and communication skills, as well as the ability to work independently while developing strong collaborative relationships with colleagues, students, and student affairs and academic affairs units. The individual must be able to exercise excellent professional judgement and discretion, making decisions on a regular basis that impact student welfare and the institution.
Currently the University Advising Center is looking to fill advising positions in the College of Arts & Sciences, College of Engineering & Computing, College of Social Work, and Darla Moore School of Business.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Columbia
- Academic Affairs Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Columbia
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Columbia
- Student Affairs Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Columbia
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Columbia