At PCOM, we espouse to grow a culturally competent workforce to
advance healthcare that touches the lives of underserved
communities. Diversity and inclusion is the core component of our
institutional identity and a key pillar of PCOM’s strategic vision.
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine affirms that diversity
and inclusion are crucial to the intellectual vitality of the
campus community. It is through freedom of exchange over different
ideas and viewpoints in supportive environments that our graduates
develop the critical thinking and citizenship skills that will
benefit them throughout their lives.
Since 1899, PCOM has trained highly competent, caring physicians,
health practitioners, and behavioral scientists who practice a
“whole person” approach to care - treating people, not just
symptoms. As the field of medicine has changed, we've changed with
it - adapting our program offerings to better meet the needs of
healthcare providers and the communities they serve. At the main
campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM), the branch campus in
Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in
Moultrie, Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to
approach problem-solving in a more professional, more team-oriented
manner, which prepares them to work successfully in integrated
healthcare settings with other health professionals. At
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine you will be part of a
caring, professional, and committed community focused on making the
PCOM experience the best possible for our students.
We are currently seeking to fill our Research Coordinator position
at the Philadelphia campus with a highly qualified and passionate
The Research Coordinator (RC) will assist an investigator from the
Department of Biomedical Sciences at the Philadelphia College of
Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM) on a four-year study of medical
marijuana to reduce pain. The RC will also work closely with staff
from collaborating sites to synchronize study activities and
Duties/essential functions may include, but not limited to, the
· Monitors all PCOM and dispensary sites for compliance, adverse
events, data and safety monitoring.
· Ensures compliance with protocol and study procedures.
· Conducts data and safety monitoring.
· Reviews and reports AEs.
· Assists in development of a Manual of Operations.
· Coordinates all study-related meetings.
· Manages research assistants at multiple study sites, and oversees
all study participant recruitment efforts.
· Assists in managing administrative activities including training
and supervision of personnel, budget preparation, and data
· Monitors expenditures and financial reports.
· Assists in preparing budgets.
· Manages databases (data collection, coding, analysis and
· Advises investigators of changes in reporting or accounting
· Serves as project liaison to other departments, outside
organizations, government agencies and vendors.
· Oversees preparation of reports for management, funders and
· Responsible for submissions and timely reporting to IRB.
· Ensures project is administered according to research
· Assists in obtaining study instruments.
· Assists with preparation of conference posters, professional
presentations and peer-reviewed publications.
· Performs related responsibilities as required.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelors degree in biology,
neuroscience or a related field, and two years of related
professional experience, or an equivalent combination of
experience, education and training.
Knowledge Of: Research Protocols
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
Mild physical work: Incumbent may be required to travel from
building to building frequently and off campus to study
Must pass a background check.
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration. We adhere to a policy that
prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic
origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any
other legally protected class.