At PCOM, we espouse to grow a culturally competent workforce to advance healthcare that touches the lives of underserved communities. Diversity and inclusion is the core component of our institutional identity and a key pillar of PCOM’s strategic vision. Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine affirms that diversity and inclusion are crucial to the intellectual vitality of the campus community. It is through freedom of exchange over different ideas and viewpoints in supportive environments that our graduates develop the critical thinking and citizenship skills that will benefit them throughout their lives.
Since 1899, PCOM has trained highly competent, caring physicians, health practitioners, and behavioral scientists who practice a “whole person” approach to care - treating people, not just symptoms. As the field of medicine has changed, we've changed with it - adapting our program offerings to better meet the needs of healthcare providers and the communities they serve. At the main campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM), the branch campus in Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in Moultrie, Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to approach problem-solving in a more professional, more team-oriented manner, which prepares them to work successfully in integrated healthcare settings with other health professionals. At Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine you will be part of a caring, professional, and committed community focused on making the PCOM experience the best possible for our students.
We are currently seeking to fill our Research Coordinator position at the Philadelphia campus with a highly qualified and passionate individual.
The Research Coordinator (RC) will assist an investigator from the Department of Biomedical Sciences at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM) on a four-year study of medical marijuana to reduce pain. The RC will also work closely with staff from collaborating sites to synchronize study activities and recruitment efforts.
Duties/essential functions may include, but not limited to, the following:
· Monitors all PCOM and dispensary sites for compliance, adverse events, data and safety monitoring.
· Ensures compliance with protocol and study procedures.
· Conducts data and safety monitoring.
· Reviews and reports AEs.
· Assists in development of a Manual of Operations.
· Coordinates all study-related meetings.
· Manages research assistants at multiple study sites, and oversees all study participant recruitment efforts.
· Assists in managing administrative activities including training and supervision of personnel, budget preparation, and data management.
· Monitors expenditures and financial reports.
· Assists in preparing budgets.
· Manages databases (data collection, coding, analysis and storage).
· Advises investigators of changes in reporting or accounting requirements.
· Serves as project liaison to other departments, outside organizations, government agencies and vendors.
· Oversees preparation of reports for management, funders and regulatory agencies.
· Responsible for submissions and timely reporting to IRB.
· Ensures project is administered according to research protocol.
· Assists in obtaining study instruments.
· Assists with preparation of conference posters, professional presentations and peer-reviewed publications.
· Performs related responsibilities as required.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelors degree in biology, neuroscience or a related field, and two years of related professional experience, or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training.
Knowledge Of: Research Protocols
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
Mild physical work: Incumbent may be required to travel from building to building frequently and off campus to study sites.
Must pass a background check.
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration. We adhere to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East