Fairfield University’s Advancement Division is seeking an experienced, self-motivated Development Coordinator to join its dynamic team. Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Development, whose department consists of 18 staff, the Development Coordinator will assist in advancing engagement and fundraising initiatives by providing administrative and operational support to the AVP, drafting correspondence, preparing materials and reports, and assisting with select special projects and fundraising programs for the Department and Division.
The Development Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
Administrative and Operations:
- Provides general administrative assistance to the AVP;
schedules meetings and coordinates calendar; makes travel
arrangements; prepares expense reports; takes meeting notes (key
points and follow-up steps); processes invoices; and other general
duties as assigned.
- Drafts and proofreads a variety of correspondence and
communications; coordinates mailings
- Assists with preparing agendas and materials for staff,
departmental and other meetings.
- Conducts day-to-day running of the Advancement Executive suite,
including greeting visitors; answering multiple telephone lines and
directing calls; photocopying; distributing mail; ordering supplies
for the office and hospitality station; and acting as a liaison to
vendors and campus resources for service/maintenance of office
equipment and facilities.
- Develops thorough knowledge of Advancement’s initiatives and
programs and the AVP’s responsibilities and prospect portfolio in
order to proactively address the AVP’s needs and workload
- Enters contact reports into Raiser’s Edge for AVP.
- Assists the Chief of Staff for University Advancement as
- Collaborates and coordinates work with other Advancement
administrative staff as needed.
- Assumes special projects as assigned.
Reporting and Research:
- Prepares regular and ad hoc reports using Raiser’s Edge, Excel
(graphs and pivot tables) and PowerPoint to assist the AVP in
assessing fundraising metrics, managing staff, and evaluating
progress towards the Development Department’s annual goals and
- Prepares and analyzes budget reports, and assists with other
tasks to help the AVP manage Development Department.
- Conducts research and prepares reports for the AVP to assist in
decision making and problem solving as they relate to managing the
Development Department and campus roles and responsibilities.
- Prepares solicitation decks (printing, assembling, binding) and
other prospect management materials.
- Assists with fundraising programs and initiatives, including
the Fairfield Awards Dinner and the Women’s Leadership
- Works on miscellaneous projects relating to fundraising,
marketing and stewardship initiatives.
Other: Supports the Advancement Division with administrative assistance as needed. May be called upon to work an occasional evening or weekend to provide event support for which advance notice will always be given.
- 3+ years of experience in a fast paced fundraising environment
or equivalent is preferred; higher education experience a
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to adapt to and learn
new systems quickly. Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Outlook,
Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet research. Proficiency in
Raiser’s Edge (or other CRM) and Workday a plus.
- Outstanding written communication skills required. Strong
proofing and editing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional demeanor, and the
ability to represent the Advancement Division and the University to
both internal colleagues (senior leadership, staff, and faculty)
and external constituents (alumni, parents, and other donors) while
maintaining the utmost levels of tact, diplomacy and
- Exceptional organizational skills, with superior attention to
detail and strong follow-through are essential.
- Self-motivated, problem solver with the ability to prioritize,
execute and manage multiple simultaneous projects to completion
while meeting tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate a true team orientation and have a willingness to
participate in supporting Advancement when and where needed.
- Commitment to the mission of Fairfield University.
Duties may be changed and/or be added at any time.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned t
Advancement - Staff
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Fairfield University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, Veterans, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with a disability.
Load a resume or CV first, then upload supporting documents including a cover letter at the bottom of the third page under the "My Experience" section where it says to upload a Resume/CV. You will be able to upload up to 5 other documents in this section. You will be unable to edit your application, so please have all documents available before applying. Faculty Positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email the additional documents to the applicable contact in the job description. Staff positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield