Thank you for your interest in the University of Indianapolis! The University is a private, liberal arts university located on 65 acres, just minutes from downtown Indianapolis. With more than 700 faculty and staff, it is a place where you can become part of a close-knit campus community that emphasizes the importance of community partnerships in the future growth of the University.
UIndy’s mission is to prepare its graduates for effective, responsible, and articulate membership in the complex societies in which they live and serve, and for excellence and leadership in their personal and professional lives. The motto of "Education for Service" provides the foundation for our work to better our communities, both near and far.
As University employees, we know the work we do is important to our students and our communities. To accomplish our mission, we welcome talented, civic-minded and diverse individuals from all career levels to help maintain our high standards of excellence and quality. If you want to join our dynamic environment and experience hard work, creativity, and teamwork, we welcome your application!
The University of Indianapolis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, citizenship status, military status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. The University of Indianapolis does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission as required by Title IX.
Candidates from the state of Colorado are not eligible to be considered.
The University of Indianapolis is seeking applications for an Admissions Recruiter. This is a full-time, exempt staff position. As a representative of the University of Indianapolis, the Admissions Recruiter supports access to higher education by providing outreach and effective enrollment assistance to a diverse population of prospective students. Working closely with their supervisor, Recruiters are responsible for designing, implementing and analyzing an effective recruiting and enrollment strategy. Strategies must drive and support annual enrollment goals, increase awareness and contribute to the overall success of the University and its programs. The Admissions Recruiter works in collaboration with the larger recruiting team, the marketing, financial aid, operations and the academic team to meet goals for assigned projects and portfolios. A successful candidate will be a team player with a strong work ethic, who strives to meet goals, enjoys personally engaging and attracting prospective students to the University, and actively and positively contributes to the office welfare in a high volume, fast-paced environment. To be successful in this role, the Admissions Recruiter must maintain a physical presence on campus to be as visible and accessible as possible to prospective students.
- Deliver exceptional first-class customer service while working in a competitive and fast-paced environment
- Meet with students and families in person during campus visits to explain the application process, scholarship opportunities, study abroad, and personal interest connections, and answer all questions
- Set and achieve goals for assigned territory in regards to inquiries, applications, campus visitors, accepted students, and enrolled students
- Participate in recruiting events during the year including Preview Days, Open Houses, Scholarship Competition Days, Interview Days, Info Sessions, and other campus wide recruitment events as assigned
- Represent the University independently at events, fairs, and conferences both on and off campus to prospective students, families, influencers, and community partners
- Speak publicly on behalf of the University to individuals, groups, faculty/staff, or community partners on and off campus potentially incorporating individual presentations, marketing collateral, and/or university/programmatic talking points
- Maintain positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating effectively with students, students’ parents, faculty, co-workers, and managers
- Build relationships with key high school, college and independent guidance counselors, along with employers and industry professionals in assigned territory; invite them to visit campus or attend other campus events
- Use technical resources and predictive modeling to make informed decisions about students’ applications and outreach
- Interpret enrollment reports related to assigned territories or programs and develop recruitment strategies that support the office’s efforts to reach enrollment goals
- Provide strong contribution to the admissions recruitment team through the building of positive peer relationships, assisting all members of the team, and bringing forward professional suggestions for improvement
- Responsible for planning, promoting, and executing high value in person events, including, but not limited to: open houses, informational sessions, networking events, and various other lead generation and nurture/conversion/enrollment events for the University
- Effectively track and measure recruitment and enrollment information in the University CRM, in order to track metrics related to the entire enrollment lifecycle, ensure that all events and leads are being recorded, and analyze recruitment and enrollment data to determine the effectiveness of specific events and activities
- Through in-person engagement and relationship building, accurately assess the needs and interests of a diverse population of prospective students and then determine the appropriate information, counseling, and follow up strategies to assure those needs are met or exceeded
- Develop the knowledge of the admissions process to interpret academic information from diverse high schools and colleges, effectively evaluate the student’s academic preparation, credentials, and grade trends, and independently utilize good judgment on administering or informing admissions decisions based upon the University’s admissions policies and procedures
- Develop strong understanding of programs and admission process to independently and appropriately counsel prospects regarding the opportunities at the university, evaluation of their academic and professional preparation, financial resources, and uncover how the prospects goals/needs align with their program of interest
- Bachelor's degree required
- Professional experience in recruitment, sales, customer service, marketing and/or higher education is preferred
- Flexible, creative thinking and an openness to new ideas and changing priorities within a fast-paced organization is required
- Ability to work independently, as well as with teams of colleagues is required
- Aptitude for detail-oriented tasks required
- Strong planning, project management, time management skills and ability to manage priorities and stakeholder expectations required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to think and act both analytically and strategically required
- Experience working with a customer relationship management system (CRM) is preferred
- The individual in this position must be able to work a flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends, and be willing to travel
- This role requires a clean or acceptable driving record
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Tuition Discount
- Free Parking