CWS Marketing Assistant, Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance (OIEC)
The Marketing Assistant in OIEC is responsible for working collaboratively with the Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator on creating marketing items and branding materials for the Diversity and Inclusion Certificate Program and OIEC. The Marketing Assistant will be tasked with overseeing all social media accounts and a variety of design projects relating mostly to flyer, newsletter, and video development. The student in this position will develop highly marketable skills. They will expand their skill set and develop a deeper understanding of the design process and proofing.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
• Assist with creating and updating a variety of projects such as flyers, newsletters, marketing materials, social media graphics, etc.
• Oversee all social media accounts.
• Assist with creating and editing videos.
• Assist with attending D&I Certificate Program events to oversee and track attendance as needed.
• Assist as necessary with department events and tabling to represent OIEC
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Must be a full-time student at Florida Gulf Coast University, at the time of hire and throughout the appointment.
Must have a minimum GPA 2.5 and be in good conduct standing with the University.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher), Canva, and video editing software.
Previous graphic design and video editing experience.
Proficient using the PC operating system.
Eligible for work study funding.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of graphic design, video editing, and marketing.
- Ability to receive and deliver feedback on projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, and reports.
- Ability to exercise good judgement.
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure.
- Ability to meet deadlines for work assignments.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of individuals of varied ages, abilities, racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-volume department.
- Ability to represent the university in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain a good rapport with university faculty, staff, students, and the general public.
All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Management Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Marketing & Sales Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers