The Marketing Assistant in OIEC is responsible for working
collaboratively with the Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator on
creating marketing items and branding materials for the Diversity
and Inclusion Certificate Program and OIEC. The Marketing Assistant
will be tasked with overseeing all social media accounts and a
variety of design projects relating mostly to flyer, newsletter,
and video development. The student in this position will develop
highly marketable skills. They will expand their skill set and
develop a deeper understanding of the design process and
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and
maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which
students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social
activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life
reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that
practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate
expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students
to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently
diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic
and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender
identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural
traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives
to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just
because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our
University stronger. The University community recognizes the
importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these
ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
• Assist with creating and updating a variety of projects such as
flyers, newsletters, marketing materials, social media graphics,
• Oversee all social media accounts.
• Assist with creating and editing videos.
• Assist with attending D&I Certificate Program events to
oversee and track attendance as needed.
• Assist as necessary with department events and tabling to
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Must be a full-time student at Florida Gulf Coast University, at
the time of hire and throughout the appointment.
Must have a minimum GPA 2.5 and be in good conduct standing with
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher), Canva, and
video editing software.
Previous graphic design and video editing experience.
Proficient using the PC operating system.
Eligible for work study funding.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of graphic design, video editing, and marketing.
- Ability to receive and deliver feedback on projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, and
- Ability to exercise good judgement.
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure.
- Ability to meet deadlines for work assignments.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of individuals of
varied ages, abilities, racial, ethnic, and cultural
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of work-related information
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-volume
- Ability to represent the university in a positive and
- Ability to establish and maintain a good rapport with
university faculty, staff, students, and the general public.
All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University
goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and
procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and
follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and
direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse
population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of
the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with
others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and
processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.