Assistant Director Student Records Services
Posting Number S01443 Position Title Assistant Director Student Records Services Internal Position Title Assistant Director Student Records Services Department Student Records Position Type Staff Job Family Administrative Job Summary
The Assistant Director is responsible for assisting the Director of Student Records and Global Engagement in the overall leadership and supervision of student records, policies, and procedures. This includes oversight of degree and certificate conferral, transfer and military credit evaluations, and coordinating efficient and effective student service components with the WOSC, phones, virtual services, e-mail, and internal and external departments. This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining a high level of equity driven customer service, remaining current on all regulations applicable to Federal and State student records guidelines, training staff, and assisting the Student Records Department with compliance and all customer service initiatives. Additionally, the Assistant Director will work with other departments to provide outreach programs to students, parents, and community organizations, as applicable. Required Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- A minimum of three (3) years prior experience in student records at an institution of higher education with demonstrated progression of responsibility.
- A minimum of three (3) years prior experience in supervision and management.
- Knowledge and understanding of student records, academic policies and procedures, and college curriculum process.
- Prior experience with developing, implementing and evaluating customer satisfaction programs.
- Knowledge of student information software systems.
- Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Excellent organizational skills are essential as this is a highly visible position with heavy public, student, internal contact with peers, faculty, and staff. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of duties assigned to this role.
- Firm commitment to inclusion, diversity, excellence, unity, and purpose as it relates to all functions of student records services in promoting student success and satisfaction.
- Master’s Degree.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English (fluency in verbal and written)
- Proven experience of collaboration with other departments in establishing student success initiatives, especially those dealing with student records/degree awarding/etc.
- Prior experience with PeopleSoft systems at the community college level
- Prior experience/leadership in college/university student record’s offices
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Hours may vary based on the needs of the college. Software Testing Required Excel, MS Word Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V Summary of Essential Functions
Strategic Leadership and Planning: 15%
- Collaborates closely with the Assistant Director of Student Records Technology to develop functional requirements and plans for new systems, reports, processes and ensures that delivered functional processes are working.
- Provide Student Records staff supervision and training regarding in excellence, unity, and compassion through student records processes, and department procedures; coordinate work assignments; conduct evaluations of staff performance. Motivates and empowers staff to perform at consistently high service levels. Defines appropriate professional goals and accountability systems for staff. Develops evaluation system to hold staff professionally accountable for student records functions that support student success.
- Evaluates and updates policies, processes, and procedures to ensure they are equitable and meet students where they are to ensure a student-centered experience. Uses data to assess the impact on student outcomes across all functions. Ensures continuous improvement of the student experience by making recommendations for updates to other department areas as appropriate.
- Assist in the development and implementation of goals and objectives for the Student Records Office.
- Lead a staff who maintain a prominent level of customer satisfaction with students, prospective students, parents, college personnel and third-party partners either through WOSC interaction, phone call, virtual services, and e-mail.
Project Management: 30%
- Remain informed of changes in federal, state, and institutional policies that may impact departmental and institutional procedures. Evaluate the effectiveness of existing policies and procedures and recommends changes to the Director of Student Records and Global Engagement.
- Coordinates and updates written policies and procedures, including those found in the college catalog, student resource guide, on the website, and on internal documents/process maps/training manuals. Coordinates efficient and proper dissemination of changes to stakeholders.
- Assist with functional/technical staff to ensure the best use of technology in meeting state and federal mandates and providing support for the functions of the office.
- Establish good working relationships with all offices of the College to provide supportive service to the student records operation.
- Assist with federal, state, and institutional applications and reports within the deadline limitations.
Operations Management : 45%
- Coordinate student records policies and procedures including, but not limited to the following: residency requirements and communication, grading, registration/withdrawals, academic standards, student records data, FERPA, enrollment and degree reporting, subpoenas, and Solomon Act requests.
- Applies and utilizes an integrity mindset while ensuring all policies and procedures reflect current Federal, State, and college requirements, and evaluates to implement necessary changes or makes recommendations to the Director of Student Records/Global Engagement.
- Supervises evaluations of student records for the purposes of awarding transfer credit for courses earned at other institutions, test credits, and military credit, as well as graduation eligibility.
- Establish and monitor business processes to maintain compliance with federal, state, and institutional requirements.
- Establish and maintain work schedule to ensure proper coverage of phone and email. Hire, train and supervise student workers. Coordinate staff absence requests and coverage for college events and presentations.
- Work closely with Educational Affairs on curriculum design/implementation and prior learning assessments
- Award degrees and certificates and ensure proper and efficient processing
- Advise and educate students, prospective students, parents, and the college community regarding records processes
- Ensure timely and accurate enrollment and degree reporting to the National Student Clearinghouse, coordinate the degree verification process and diploma processing.
- Coordinate the maintenance and storage of student records in accordance with government regulations.
Other Duties: 10%
- Work closely with the college community to promote an understanding of college records programs, with the overall goal of ensuring a collaborative culture is maintained throughout our campuses.
- Serve as a collaborative member of the Student Development management team, working closely with other leaders to better serve students, the division, and the college.
- Represents student records on internal and external college committees and actively participates in local, regional and national student records, community college, and higher education professional organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree or higher?
Do you have minimum of three (3) years prior experience in
student records at an institution of higher education with
demonstrated progression of responsibility ?
Do you have a minimum of three (3) years prior experience in
supervision and management?
- * Do you have a Master's degree or higher?
- * Are you bilingual (oral and written) in English and Spanish?
Do you have prior experience with PeopleSoft systems at the
community college level?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Chief Student Affairs Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake