Assistant Director of CBU Events Center
Manages general building, equipment, and scheduling for the CBU
Events Center. Serves as primary Events Manager for all events
hosted in the CBU Events Center. Assists with overall equipment
maintenance. Assists with administrative functions as assigned by
the Director – CBU Events Center by performing the following
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Manages day-to-day activity of the CBU Events Center, including
practices, events, set-ups, conversions, and tear downs.
2. Serves as primary point of contact for men’s and women’s
basketball programs, Athletics staff housed in Events Center, and
other internal users of building such as Spiritual Life (Chapel),
and Conference and Events.
3. Serves as primary event coordinator and manager for all
4. Responsible for hiring, supervising, and developing pool of
employees working as ushers.
5. Schedules gameday personnel, such as Ushers, custodial, EMT,
6. Supervises and assists with Athletics events set-up, including
but not limited to: press tables, court equipment, bleachers,
tables, chairs, barricades, A/V equipment, locker rooms, etc.
7. Works with supervisor, coaching staffs, and administrators to
coordinate Events Center availability based on practice and event
8. Ensures all required game/practice equipment (i.e., scoreboards,
goals, nets, play clocks, etc.) is operational. Troubleshoots
issues as they arise.
9. Collaborates with CBU F&PS to address issues related to
building aesthetics, such as painting, window washing, power
washing, pruning, etc.
10. Serves as on-site contact for vendors/contractors performing
day-of maintenance & repairs.
11. Assists in preparation of locker rooms, press tables, front and
back of house, etc. for games/practices for home team, visiting
team, and officials.
12. Helps oversee student workers engaged in day-to-day operation
of Events Center.
13. Produces work orders when appropriate for CBU Events
14. Attends planning meetings with other campus partners regarding
upcoming projects and events.
15. May occasionally serve as Game Manager for Athletic Events, as
16. Creates and implements standard operating procedures for CBU
17. Responsible for taking part in workplace safety and security
18. Adheres to all institutional, conference and NCAA by-laws and
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, and
training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work;
appraising performance; disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
§ Skill in the use of personal computers and related software
§ Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and
judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
§ A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general
office methods, procedures and practices.
§ Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
§ Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of
§ Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart
§ Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to
work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student
§ Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
§ Ability to maintain confidentiality.
§ Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special
§ Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and
§ Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
§ Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
§ Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to
two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Reference 1
- Other Document
- Other Document 2