Assistant Director of CBU Events Center
Job Title Assistant Director of CBU Events Center Posting Number S971P Classification Title
Manages general building, equipment, and scheduling for the CBU Events Center. Serves as primary Events Manager for all events hosted in the CBU Events Center. Assists with overall equipment maintenance. Assists with administrative functions as assigned by the Director – CBU Events Center by performing the following duties. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Manages day-to-day activity of the CBU Events Center, including practices, events, set-ups, conversions, and tear downs.
2. Serves as primary point of contact for men’s and women’s basketball programs, Athletics staff housed in Events Center, and other internal users of building such as Spiritual Life (Chapel), and Conference and Events.
3. Serves as primary event coordinator and manager for all non-athletic events.
4. Responsible for hiring, supervising, and developing pool of employees working as ushers.
5. Schedules gameday personnel, such as Ushers, custodial, EMT, security, etc.
6. Supervises and assists with Athletics events set-up, including but not limited to: press tables, court equipment, bleachers, tables, chairs, barricades, A/V equipment, locker rooms, etc.
7. Works with supervisor, coaching staffs, and administrators to coordinate Events Center availability based on practice and event schedules.
8. Ensures all required game/practice equipment (i.e., scoreboards, goals, nets, play clocks, etc.) is operational. Troubleshoots issues as they arise.
9. Collaborates with CBU F&PS to address issues related to building aesthetics, such as painting, window washing, power washing, pruning, etc.
10. Serves as on-site contact for vendors/contractors performing day-of maintenance & repairs.
11. Assists in preparation of locker rooms, press tables, front and back of house, etc. for games/practices for home team, visiting team, and officials.
12. Helps oversee student workers engaged in day-to-day operation of Events Center.
13. Produces work orders when appropriate for CBU Events Center.
14. Attends planning meetings with other campus partners regarding upcoming projects and events.
15. May occasionally serve as Game Manager for Athletic Events, as needed.
16. Creates and implements standard operating procedures for CBU Events Center.
17. Responsible for taking part in workplace safety and security trainings.
18. Adheres to all institutional, conference and NCAA by-laws and regulations.
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
§ Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
§ Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
§ A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
§ Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
§ Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
§ Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
§ Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
§ Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
§ Ability to maintain confidentiality.
§ Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
§ Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
§ Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
§ Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
§ Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays. Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 07/16/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6633 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Reference 1
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside