Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully
in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates
an exception to the “religion” component of the employment
discrimination laws for religious organizations (including
educational institutions), and permits them to give employment
preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is
in that category.
Online Adjunct Professor - PMHNP Program (Doctoral Nursing)
Does this position require driving?
Contact Phone Ext
Job Summary/Basic Function
The Liberty University Doctor of Nursing Practice Program online or
residential adjunct faculty will facilitate learning through online
course instruction to students enrolled in the Doctor of Nursing
Practice Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner ( PMHNP )
Program or Post Graduate ( PMHNP ) Certificate program online
courses or practicum. Duties include but are not limited to:
tracking student attendance, facilitating instruction and grading
assignments, supporting students within regards to answering
questions or providing course guidance and maintaining an
interactive, collaborative online learning environment.
A Practicum Faculty will serve as the primary practicum resource
for designated students enrolled in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse
Practitioner ( PMHNP ) Practicum Courses. The Practicum Faculty
role is to supply indirect practicum supervision of PMHNP students
in collaboration with the Preceptor’s teaching, serve as a liaison
to a community agency and preceptor, and to evaluate student
practicum progress. In addition, this faculty member may teach
online didactic courses depending on education and
• Facilitate online courses, including tracking attendance,
providing student support, grading assignments, and managing
discussion boards and supporting an interactive, collaborative
learning environment, which may include synchronous WebEx
• Complete annual required self-evaluations and continued education
requirements for online/residential learning/education.
• Complete weekly check-in requirements for LUO faculty.
• Additional duties as assigned.
If a candidate is also interested in PMHNP practicum supervision as
an adjunct faculty member the following responsibilities will
• Collaborates with the PMHNP Program Director, Practicum
Coordinator and ultimately, the Chair of Doctor of Nursing Practice
Programs, to support the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse
Practitioner /Doctor of Nursing Practice or Certificate Program,
PMHNP Practicum Courses.
• Provides indirect practicum supervision to designated students,
consistent with the learning objectives that include advising,
supervising, and evaluating PMHNP students. This also includes
grading assignments and using Typhon student tracking system.
• Serves as the primary liaison on behalf of Liberty University
School of Nursing between the Practicum Preceptor and Practicum
Course Lead Faculty/or PMHNP Program Director.
• Conducts evaluation of designated practicum students in the
practicum setting at least once during each practicum course
• Maintains communication with preceptor several times during the
semester/term, more as designated for assigned students in order to
evaluate the practicum site and preceptor abilities to meet
practicum requirements and student learning objectives and
7) Additional duties as assigned.
• DNP, Ph.D. in nursing or related field or Ed.D
• Current and unencumbered Registered Nurse License in the state of
• Current and unencumbered Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
-Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner License in the state
• Candidate will be professional with excellent personal
communication and computer skills.
• National Certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse
Practitioner from the ANCC .
• Current clinical practice including direct patient care in the
role of PMHNP .
• Five years of experience as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse
Practitioner in a direct-care setting.
• Current certification in American Heart Association CPR for
Healthcare Provider with AED .
• Experience in online education for doctoral nursing
• Experience in practicum supervision. • Proficient using the
following technologies: Blackboard; Microsoft Office Outlook,
Office 365; Microsoft Teams, Typhon; Shadow Health, Skype for
Business; Cisco WebEx or Jabber; SafeAssign; Adobe Acrobat;
Crocodoc; and GradeAssist.
10-20 hours per week per course
Special Instructions for Applicants
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Teaching Philosophy
- Other Document
- Unofficial Transcript 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).