Administrative Assistant V - Registrar's Office (1.0 FTE)
Posted on July 18, 2021
The Office of the Registrar oversees a broad range of activities in support of student enrollment, course registration, academic history and transcript maintenance, services to faculty, and other related activities. Wesleyan Continuing Studies programs include Graduate Liberal Studies (degree and non-degree), Bachelor of Liberal Studies, undergraduate Summer Session and Winter Session, Wesleyan PreCollege Study, undergraduate Community and other programs). Continuing Studies also incubates new academic programs as pilot projects by developing program models and budgets and launching and running the programs. Reporting to the Senior Associate Registrar and with supervision from the Director of Continuing Studies the Administrative Assistant V is a shared position between the offices of the Registrar and Continuing Studies. The AA V assumes diverse administrative and supportive duties and assists students, staff, faculty, alumni, and others with course registration processes, student biographic data, transfer articulation, curriculum support, grade entry support, and other duties as identified. Responsibilities include: Registrar’s Office
- Entering and processing Graduate/Deans enrollment status changes.
- Entering and processing permission to transfer credit forms, and AP and IB test scores.
- Assisting with transfer student articulation including entering and posting credit to the transfers’ academic histories.
- Entering and registering TCEX , VINT , Graduate VINT , HS and Special Students.
- Assisting with course registration and grade entry tasks.
- Providing back up for NRS approved/sponsored credits, for the electronic transcript ordering system, enrollment verifications, and webmail.
- Performing other similar and related duties as assigned.
- Setting up and supporting GLS and Summer/Winter course registration and grade entry.
- Providing curriculum support for Continuing Studies programs.
- Assisting with BLS student biographic and transfer data.
- Producing flyers/brochures and assisting with event planning and publicity.
- Assisting with events during evening hours as needed.
- Performs other similar and related duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree and 6 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Advanced knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, and webpage management.
Demonstrated ability to coordinate work priorities, demonstrate initiative, organize details and follow-through with minimal supervision.
Strong Data entry and Management skills
Strong communication and organizational skills and proven collaborative abilities when working with staff, students, and faculty in a team-oriented office.
Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of people requiring the exercise of diplomacy, judgment, and discretion.
Aptitude for detailed work.
Bachelor’s degree, experience in a student service environment
Experience with PeopleSoft student modules
Experience with DocFinity.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Application close date is August 8, 2021
Offers to applicants are contingent on the candidate’s completion of a pre-employment background check screening and computer skills assessment to the satisfaction of Wesleyan University
Wesleyan University, located in Middletown, Connecticut, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, political belief, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or non-position-related criminal record. We welcome applications from women and historically underrepresented minority groups. Inquiries regarding Title IX, Section 504, or any other non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Alison Williams, Vice President for Equity & Inclusion/ Title IX Officer, 860-685-3927, email@example.com.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown