Head Softball Coach/Academic Counselor #37877
St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis, in the heart of growing St. Charles County. At St. Charles Community College, we have a passion for student success. We serve a growing diverse student population, and we are committed to increasing the diversity of our faculty and staff who will help prepare our students for a global society. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated success in serving diverse student populations.
St. Charles Community College invites qualified applicants to apply for the position of full-time Head Softball Coach/Academic Advisor. This combination position will include two areas of focus, each at 0.5 FTE for a total of 1.0 FTE.
- Organizes, manages and administers all facets of a NJCAA Division I softball program.
- Delivers Academic Advising support to students which may include, , academic and/or career/technical programs advising, planning student events, assisting with the academic advising needs of special interest groups such as student-athletes, and students on academic warning and probation. Make referrals of students to College and community resources, as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
Head Softball Coach (.5 FTE)
- Responsible for all aspects of program operation and development, recruitment of prospective student-athletes, monitoring of student athletes academic progress, organization and execution of practices and competitions for both the traditional (spring) and non-traditional seasons (fall).
- Responsible for budget preparation, fund raising, travel arrangements, equipment distribution and inventory, scouting, strength and conditioning, off-season program, baseball campus, overall administration of the program and duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics in accordance with applicable rules and regulations of the Athletic Department, the College, MCCAC, NJCAA and other related associations.
- Demonstrates effective organizational, supervisory, promotional, budget management and computer skills.
- The Head Coach will be a person of integrity, high ethical standards and exhibit a strict adherence to NJCAA, the College, departmental rules and regulations with a commitment to student achievement in academics.
Academic Advisor (.5 FTE)
- Provides comprehensive academic advising services to new, transfer, continuing, and future students. Services will be delivered in one to one, online, group, and telephone settings. This position will have current knowledge of all college programs, transfer information to other colleges,
- College scholarship opportunities, and a basic understanding of federal financial aid.
- In the advising setting, clarifies student educational goals, instructs students on the appropriate pathway to reach those goals, works in collaboration with the student to build a course pathway plan to complete those goals, and assist with the navigation process to complete those goals which includes all aspects of registration.
- Explains and guides students through the process of understanding placement test results and any resulting course placements or restrictions. This position must maintain accurate and current knowledge of college programs and be able to convey that information to students in light of their placement test results.
- This position is actively involved in intentional, proactive contacts and interventions with students to facilitate student success and completion.
- Contacts and interventions will be done on an individual, group, and electronic basis and data on the outcomes of these interactions will be maintained.
- Actively participates in the design and implementation of student on boarding and engagement programs for all types of students.
- Assists the Director of Academic Advising with student tracking, data collection, unit planning and assessment, and the analysis and presentation of data.
- Assists with division wide planning and projects.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Required qualifications: Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate field of study and two (2) years of experience in a direct service environment in higher education. Math, writing, effective communication and computer skills are essential. Must be able to operate miscellaneous office equipment such as IBM compatible personal computer, calculator, printer, telephone and copier.
- Preferred qualifications: Two (2) years of experience in higher education student services and Master's degree from an accredited institution.
- Head Softball Coach: Three years of intercollegiate softball coaching experience (head coach/assistant) preferred, or head coach at the high school level. Intercollegiate playing experience preferred.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.