Irrigation System Coordinator
University of Idaho
Irrigation System Coordinator
Division/College: Facilities Management
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $15.51 per hour or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Under direction of the Campus Landscape Manager, the Irrigation System Coordinator, known as ISC, is responsible for maintaining proper operation of campus irrigation systems. Job duties include irrigation system activation, repair, installation, analyzation, and winterization. The ISC is also responsible for performing utility locates, monitoring construction projects, keeping adequate parts inventory, reviewing construction design documents, updating as-built drawings and operation and maintenance manuals, and working in a team environment responsible for an attractive, safe campus.
This is an essential position that will be called upon in the event of an emergency and/ or university closure. The ISC will supervise/ train temporary help.
• High school diploma or GED • One year’s experience with installation and repair of commercial irrigation systems.
• Experience reading and interpreting construction blueprints and specifications.
• Experience with low voltage control valve systems.
• Experience with irrigation design principles, including flow, pressure, precipitation rates, types of irrigation system components.
• Experience teaching and training others in use of tools, techniques, equipment, and safety practices associated with irrigation work.
• Experience operating computers and software for record keeping, emails, database entry, and photo archiving.
• Experience working independently with minimal supervision.
• Two or more years’ experience with irrigation installation and repair.
• Formal education (higher ed courses) in the fields of irrigation design, installation, and maintenance.
• Experience with 2-wire systems, as well as conventional (14-1) systems.
• Experience and understanding of hydraulics as it relates to irrigation systems.
• More than one year’s experience in a construction-related field such as landscape maintenance, agriculture, forestry, or horticulture.
• Experience working in a team environment with a positive, cooperative attitude.
• Ability to competently operate various pieces of equipment including trenchers, tractors, loaders, backhoes, skid steers, forklifts, and mowers.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Must be able to lift, carry and/or otherwise move 60 lbs. on a regular basis.
• Must be able to traverse uneven, steep, and potentially slick terrain in all types of weather.
• Must be able to position one-self to work in confined spaces such as trenches, pits, manholes, attics, and tunnels.
• Must be able to see and respond to potentially dangerous situations in a safe manner.
• Must be able to work outdoors all shifts (8 hours) and every day during the growing season.
• Must be able to climb ladders on a routine basis.
• Must be able to dig, lift, bend, stoop, kneel, crawl, twist, climb and walk regularly throughout the workday.
Posting Number: SP002859P
Posting Date: 06/14/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applications received by July 22, 2021 will receive priority consideration.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.