Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations,
- Job Title:Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations
- 100 N East Ave
- Waukesha, WI, 53186
- United States
- Employee Type:Administrative Staff
- Job Category:Advancement, Staff
- Minimum Experience:3 Years
- Required Degree:4 Year Degree
- Manage Others:Yes
- Create a vision and strategy for a sophisticated foundation and
corporate relations program that will build strong relationships
with appropriate constituent groups in order to support University
goals and priorities.
- Maintain a thorough research program to determine the giving
patterns of local, regional and national foundations and
- Develop an active list of contacts in order to interact with
external sources for the procurement of gifts and grants.
- Coordinate the proposal process to include arrangement of
meetings, drafting preliminary inquiries, development of
timetables, development and review of proposals and assurance of
- Prepare proposals and related materials to potential funders in
coordination with individuals from campus as required.
- Create and maintain an annual operating plan, which includes a
calendar and measurable goals.
- Maintain a central file of proposals, technical and financial
records and reports, and a clearinghouse for proposals and
- Prepare regular communications to familiarize deans, faculty
and others about the trends and interests of foundations and
- Keep abreast of federal and state legislation, which would have
a direct or indirect bearing on the preparation of proposals.
- Coordinate, as necessary, with the Director of Grant Programs
so as to share pertinent university program information that would
be helpful for all University grants and proposals.
- Assure appropriate follow-up and tracking by monitoring status
and outcome of proposals after submission, tracking all details of
the proposal process.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and other projects to
non-foundation or corporation projects as requested.
- Travel as needed and appropriate to support foundation and
- Assist with Development and other Institutional Advancement
functions as needed and necessary.
- Perform other duties as requested, delegated or assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum of three years of related experience in a similar
position that includes a heavy emphasis on relationship building
and writing assignments.
- Outstanding written communication skills, including experience
in proposal writing and organization of reports and budgets.
- Ability to work independently while planning and organizing
multiple tasks within a team setting.
- Familiarity with prospect management systems
- Knowledge of advancement data systems
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To apply, please visit: https://secure4.saashr.com/ta/6153588.careers?showjob=402978437
- Ability to clearly articulate the mission of Carroll
- Experience in establishing rapport with individuals in the
foundation and corporate arena.
- Ability to generate contacts and meetings while preparing the
necessary written proposals and other materials.
- Must be a people person, with the ability to interact with
internal and external audiences.
- Excellent presentation skills are critical.
- Diplomacy, tact and courtesy are paramount.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and review work in order
to meet schedules is essential.
- Requires the ability to analyze situations and implement
appropriate actions and responses.
- Strong writing skills in order to develop professional reports,
strategic plans and correspondence are very important.
- Should have the ability to take initiative and follow through
with minimal supervision.
- Demonstration of integrity, positive attitude and a sense of
- Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the