Administrative Assistant - K
Administrative Assistant - K
Department: Athletics & Physical Education Department
Duration of Position: Full year / Full time
Work Schedule: 37.5 hours/week for 45 weeks; 20 hours/week for 7 weeks
Employee Type: Staff
Posting Date: 07/16/2021
Union Representation: CWA
Posting Number: AS105P
Pay Rate: $15.00/hour
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar is deeply committed to fostering a community that reflects the values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment of equality, diversity and inclusiveness. Vassar seeks to create a pluralistic community for all staff, faculty and students. Vassar College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer, and applications from women, individuals with disabilities and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged. Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free campus.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Vassar College invites applications for the position of Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and operations support for administrative and coaching staff for 23 varsity teams and 4 varsity club teams.
The position is scheduled to work full-time (37.5 hours per week) for 45 weeks during the academic year plus seven weeks in the summer at 20 hours/week. The individual will report to the Director of Athletics and Physical Education.
- Providing general clerical support, responding to inquiries, and answering phones.
- Collaborating with staff to arrange team travel including transportation and overnight lodging.
- Collecting agenda topics and generating minutes for monthly department meetings.
- Data entry into internal and external databases and websites, including the athletics database.
- Assisting with new vendor registrations, supplier invoices and other tasks related to department purchases as necessary.
- Ordering and maintaining office supplies.
- Managing, supervising and coordinating one to two work study office assistants.
- Assisting with department special events such as the athletics award banquet and alumnae/i reception.
- Providing clerical support for summer camps and clinics.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics and Physical Education.
Starting Date: No later than 8/16/2021
Vassar College athletics programs are conducted in compliance with policies, procedures and regulations of Vassar College, the NCAA and the Liberty League.
- A minimum of two to four years of administrative experience, preferably being in an academic environment.
- Excellent computer skills are essential with proven proficiency with Microsoft suite, email, databases, and Internet browsers. Prior experience with Workday, EMS (Event Management System), and Moodle a plus.
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse community of faculty, students, staff, prospective students, and visitors in a knowledgeable and helpful way.
- Tact, diplomacy and the ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality are required
- Must have a professional, problem-solving demeanor; excellent judgment and discretion.
- Ability to work independently with strong
organizational skills, and the ability to effectively manage
deadlines and multiple, competing priorities.
Special Instructions to Applicants
To complete your on-line application, you will be required to attach your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 professional references. All attachments must be in PDF format. Priority will be given to those applications received by July 30, 2021. If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources, 845-437-5820.
For full consideration applicants should apply by: 07/30/2021
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/2033.