Application Systems Administrator II
Application Systems Administrator II
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
IT Application Administration
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Applications Administrator is a key central TAMU-CC Information Technology team member, within the Department of Enterprise Applications, responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance within application lifecycles. This includes, but is not limited to, supporting a portfolio of applications both on-premises and in the cloud, researching patches, vulnerabilities and software releases, testing/applying software updates, and helping with the configuration of new features. This individual is also responsible for building positive relationships with customers and vendors, while ensuring that software systems and related procedures enhance and support our institutional goals.
The successful candidate will be applying enterprise IT concepts to resolve complex issues in one or more areas of specialization where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation. Recommends and may select methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to obtain results. Resolves technical and business issues, identifies the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Defines the needs, benefits, and technical strategy within the project lifecycle, technical analysis and design.
- Recommends and implement standards, policies, and procedures to achieve agreed-upon service levels.
- Supports enterprise applications with a focus on security, stability, and performance.
- Implements security measures to safeguard information ensuring security requests have proper (system owner) approval (User account verification, maintenance, troubleshooting).
- Document accurately and effectively the processes, procedures and all changes to the system for auditing.
- Tests and deploys solutions in campus datacenters and in cloud.
- Maintain proficiency, certifications, and acquire knowledge trends in information technology, application architecture and better practices regarding delivering enterprise application services to a university campus by reading trade journals, attending conferences, seminars and classes, participating in discussions with colleagues and peer institutions.
- Install, maintain and administer applications independently and with teams.
- Supports the mission and goals of the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / MIS or related field.
- Three (3) years of related experience in effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of software/application packages.
- Two (2) years of system or application administrator experience in a LAN networking/distributed computing environment.
- Knowledge of application security principles in concerning applications, servers, and databases.
- Knowledge of ITIL, change management, release, and deployment management.
- Experience monitoring and maintaining enterprise applications on platforms such as Windows or Linux.
- Experience designing, building, operating and correcting malfunctions involving technology systems.
- Intermediate knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with system problem identification and resolution.
- Intermediate knowledge of prior and current releases of Windows or Linux.
- Experience with Information Security Principles.
- Experience with Identity & Access Management.
- Experience working in higher education including demonstrated knowledge of higher education organization structure, business practices, and associated enterprise technology systems.
- Experience building and supporting information technology services at a higher education institution.
- Experience with use of and/or supporting ERP level SIS or other institutional applications used in/for Higher Education (e.g. Banner, Salesforce, CBord, Argos, LaserFiche, Fischer Identity, and/or Blackboard).
- Experience with SAML and implementations such as OpenID and/or similar technologies.
- Experience administering Relational Database Management Systems such as Oracle, Microsoft, and PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with system problem identification and resolution.
- Commensurate upon experience
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Application-Systems-Administrator-II_R-039481