Operations & Technology Coordinator
Posting Number: R0003669
Location: Salem Campus
Attention Current Willamette University Employees: In order to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online application process.
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please complete our online employment application. Your application and all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page -- must be submitted for each individual job post that you are interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline, please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline. Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your application.
As part of the admission operations team, the Operations and Technology Coordinator will support enrollment systems data integrity within Slate, the CRM for all recruitment efforts. Additional support will be provided to the admission communications team on creative projects and logistics, along with other administrative tasks as needed. This position requires a high level of attention to detail, initiative and problem solving skills, an ability to manage multiple projects, and effectively communicate with both internal and external audiences.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinates inquiry card data entry or spreadsheet data uploads
received after travel
- Building and standardizing dataset upload templates for
- Entry of recruitment data in Slate from multiple
- Daily and weekly running of audit queries to ensure accuracy of
- Monitor ongoing communication efforts to track performance and
- Provide creative support to communications team in development
and production of marketing materials
- Maintain inventory of print and travel materials for use by
visit team and territory managers
Administrative Office Support
- Support document intake and application processing throughout
- Cross-trained as DSO to support international enrollment
- Maintain departmental meeting agendas, notes, and document
- Provide guidance to student ambassador team on Slate
- Serve as backup for guest service by phone, email, and
- Proactively monitors and organizes office resources and
- Plans, coordinates, and executes efficient and effective office
operations to ensure a pleasant, welcoming, and orderly office
- Serve as primary point of contact for service requests
submitted to WITS or facilities
- Support internal technology needs (i.e. equipment support) when
it is not necessary to involve WITS
- Internal team membership
- Safeguards the confidentiality of student, staff and university
information by exercising discretion
- Demonstrates the highest professional demeanor and ethical
behavior while representing the University.
- Admission staff members are expected to remain current in
external market conditions and identify best admission
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree OR in lieu of degree, a combination of
education, training, and additional experience that provides the
required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential
functions of the position will be considered
- A minimum of two years of experience working in IT, admissions
operations or related field
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; able to
manage and prioritize multiple concurrent projects and meet
- Ability to prioritize, organize and work independently, or as
part of a project team, to complete multiple tasks
- Ability to quickly learn new applications and
- Ability to handle all activities and highly confidential
information with patience, discretion, tact and a keen eye for
detail while working with people from a wide variety of
- Excellent interpersonal/people skills with both individuals and
groups and ability to interact with a diversity of people both in
and out of University and at different levels of the
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Competency in use of technology. Strong knowledge of Microsoft
Office suite, and Google suite. Experience with data entry for
computerized information systems. Willingness and ability to learn
new technologies associated with the job
- Ability to work accurately with many interruptions, and deal
with a variety of tasks under pressure of deadlines
- Ability to work well in a goal-oriented environment
- Must be able to work independently, showing initiative and a
high level of self-motivation. Must be willing to take on routine
tasks and also accept complete responsibility for
- Models positive attitude, exemplary work ethic and
- Experience working with populations from diverse backgrounds
and the ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of
people in a manner that positively portrays the University and its
programs, personnel, and philosophy.
- Successful clearance of a criminal conviction record
- Willingness to be flexible in work schedule.
- Familiarity with private, residential liberal arts
- Previous experience in a college admission office.
- Knowledge of Slate (or other CRM's, SIS's); skill in writing
queries, report writing, and synthesizing data
- Ability to identify potential process and workflow
- Ability to derive insight from large amounts of data from
- Experience with XSLT, XML, Liquid Markup, MS Excel, MS Access,
- Working knowledge of data management best practices; possessing
an understanding of digital strategy and current CRM
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
Typical work is performed indoors in a normal office environment
Applications will be reviewed as received with the role remaining open until filled.
All University positions require that candidates submit to a criminal conviction record check prior to hire. Conviction does not automatically preclude candidates from being hired. Nature of conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the position.
You will need to upload the following two documents as part of your application materials in the "My Experience" section labeled Resume:
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and
presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve
- Current Resume
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Typical work schedule
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/Operations---Technology-Coordinator_R0003669-1
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.