Operating System/Network Analyst 2
Information Technology, Computer and Information
Finance & Administration Shared
Oper Systems-Network Analyst
Appointment Type and Duration:
$23.65 - $43.88 per hour
Review of Applications Begins
Posting closes August 16th, 2021
Special Instructions to Applicants
In addition to your application, please include a cover letter that
clearly articulates how your skills and experience make you an
ideal candidate for this position.
The Finance and Administration Shared Services Department (FASS)
provides service within the VPFA (Vice President Finance &
Administration) portfolio specific to four business functions:
Budget and Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, and
Purchasing and Accounts Payable.
The mission of the Shared Services Information Technology (IT)
group focuses on customer service combined with technology and
process competency. The services we provide include: IT strategy,
business continuity, disaster recovery consultation, system/data
backup/recovery, hardware lifecycle management/procurement,
consultation for unit software/hardware needs, desktop support,
system and software support, project management for software
implementation and upgrades, decision support and reporting,
communication with Information Services, liaison with other
University service providers, and printing/printing contract
We are committed to recruiting and selecting outstanding candidates
who reflect the diverse, intercultural, and inter-sectional
identities of our staff, faculty, and student body. The Ideal
candidate will embrace our commitment to an inclusive environment
which supports student success. Candidates will have demonstrated
experience working with diverse populations, and will contribute to
policies, programs, and activities that support an inclusive,
accessible, and equitable learning and working environment.
The FASS unit provides administrative services for several
departments within the VPFA portfolio including:
- Campus Planning and Facilities Management: Campus Planning,
Design and Construction, Facilities Services, Utilities and Energy,
and the Office of Sustainability
- Safety and Risk Services: UO Police Department, Emergency
Management and Fire Prevention, Risk Management and Environmental
Health and Safety, and Campus GIS
- Department of Parking and Transportation
- Printing and Mailing Services
Day-to-day, You Will Be:
- Supporting IT systems that provide services and data in support
of campus-wide electronic building access control, video
surveillance and security alarm systems.
- Communicating and coordinating work in a team-oriented
environment with University of Oregon Police, Campus stakeholders,
peers within the FASS IT group and UO Information Services as well
as with a variety of 3rd party vendors and contractors.
- Performing network design, planning, implementation, analysis,
- Performing system design, planning, implementation, analysis, and
- Providing application support for the software verticals utilized
by the University of Oregon Police Department and Campus
- Acting as project manager to organize, coordinate, and direct the
work of internal and 3rd-party resources to complete projects or
- Establishing and publishing guidelines and standards for these
systems and for monitoring compliance.
- Participating in both formal and informal procurement and other
decision-making activity with financial implications.
Why you might want to work with us:
- We value creativity and independent thinking.
- We understand work/life balance and support efforts to maintain
- We like to have fun and we don't take ourselves too
- You'll have the opportunity to learn a lot about a wide variety
- You'll be able to interact and engage a culturally and
thoughtfully diverse group of individuals across campus to help
deliver the best educational experience to our students.
Typical daytime hours with occasional after-hours and week-end
work. This position will be included in the 24/7 on-call rotation
within FASS IT.
This position will be required to serve on-call duties on a
rotational basis. This may include responding to emergencies during
off hours, including weekends and holidays. On site, response to
campus is expected within 60 minutes from the time of the call, if
needed. Communication is via a cellular phone, using text or voice
This unit may provide essential services during times of
emergencies and inclement weather. This position may be required to
fulfill essential services and functions during these times.
This classification requires a basic foundation of knowledge in
operating systems programs, maintenance, systems administration,
and network systems that would normally be obtained through a
bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, engineering
mathematics, telecommunications or a related technical field, or
equivalent technical training and/or experience.
Special Requirements: *Initial CJIS clearance must be completed
within 60 days of hire.
- Must successfully pass an in-depth law enforcement background
- Must submit fingerprints to obtain a FBI Criminal Justice
Information Systems (CJIS) security clearance.
- Must complete and maintain Level 4 CJIS Security Awareness
- Perform duties in a way that advances and supports the mission
of the department and university.
- Work effectively in a diverse team environment and create
effective relationships for problem solving and positive
- Take initiative, looking for what needs to be done and doing
- Pay close attention to detail.
- Maintain a safe and safety-conscious workplace.
- Maintain a respectful workplace and model a positive and
- Model the highest ethical standards.
- Provide superior customer service.
- If using equivalent experience to meet minimum qualifications,
preference will be given to candidates who have an associate's
degree or higher.
- One year of experience working in the field of computer
- Knowledge of Windows and virtualized systems administration
concepts and best practices in a production environment.
- Proficiency in Windows scripting languages.
- Experience with surveillance camera, security alarm and
electronic building access control systems.
- Experience working law enforcement environments and
- Knowledge of project management concepts and
- Knowledge of Active Directory, LDAP, Group Policy Management,
and WSUS patch management concepts and best practices.
- Skill and ability to successfully communicate complex technical
and operational issues to non-technical users.
FLSA Exempt: No
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful
completion of a background inquiry.
This is a classified position represented by the SEIU Local 503,
Oregon Public Employees Union.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits
package to eligible employees, including health insurance,
retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about
benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative
action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance
with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals
to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected
status, including veteran and disability status. The University is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and
employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in
connection with the application process, please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-346-5112.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex,
national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status,
disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment
practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and
policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be
referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Civil Rights
Compliance, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information,
related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares
an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and
services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is
available online at http://police.uoregon.edu/annual-report.
To apply, visit https://careers.uoregon.edu/en-us/job/527799/operating-systemnetwork-analyst-2