Operating System/Network Analyst 2
Operating System/Network Analyst 2
Job no: 527799
Work type: Classified Staff
Location: Eugene, OR
Categories: Information Technology, Computer and Information Science
Department: Finance & Administration Shared Services
Classification: Oper Systems-Network Analyst
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $23.65 - $43.88 per hour
Review of Applications Begins
Posting closes August 16th, 2021
Special Instructions to Applicants
In addition to your application, please include a cover letter that clearly articulates how your skills and experience make you an ideal candidate for this position.
The Finance and Administration Shared Services Department (FASS) provides service within the VPFA (Vice President Finance & Administration) portfolio specific to four business functions: Budget and Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, and Purchasing and Accounts Payable.
The mission of the Shared Services Information Technology (IT) group focuses on customer service combined with technology and process competency. The services we provide include: IT strategy, business continuity, disaster recovery consultation, system/data backup/recovery, hardware lifecycle management/procurement, consultation for unit software/hardware needs, desktop support, system and software support, project management for software implementation and upgrades, decision support and reporting, communication with Information Services, liaison with other University service providers, and printing/printing contract management.
We are committed to recruiting and selecting outstanding candidates who reflect the diverse, intercultural, and inter-sectional identities of our staff, faculty, and student body. The Ideal candidate will embrace our commitment to an inclusive environment which supports student success. Candidates will have demonstrated experience working with diverse populations, and will contribute to policies, programs, and activities that support an inclusive, accessible, and equitable learning and working environment.
The FASS unit provides administrative services for several departments within the VPFA portfolio including:
- Campus Planning and Facilities Management: Campus Planning,
Design and Construction, Facilities Services, Utilities and Energy,
and the Office of Sustainability
- Safety and Risk Services: UO Police Department, Emergency
Management and Fire Prevention, Risk Management and Environmental
Health and Safety, and Campus GIS
- Department of Parking and Transportation
- Printing and Mailing Services
Day-to-day, You Will Be:
- Supporting IT systems that provide services and data in support of campus-wide electronic building access control, video surveillance and security alarm systems.
- Communicating and coordinating work in a team-oriented environment with University of Oregon Police, Campus stakeholders, peers within the FASS IT group and UO Information Services as well as with a variety of 3rd party vendors and contractors.
- Performing network design, planning, implementation, analysis, and administration.
- Performing system design, planning, implementation, analysis, and administration.
- Providing application support for the software verticals utilized by the University of Oregon Police Department and Campus stakeholders.
- Acting as project manager to organize, coordinate, and direct the work of internal and 3rd-party resources to complete projects or fix problems.
- Establishing and publishing guidelines and standards for these systems and for monitoring compliance.
- Participating in both formal and informal procurement and other decision-making activity with financial implications.
Why you might want to work with us:
- We value creativity and independent thinking.
- We understand work/life balance and support efforts to maintain that.
- We like to have fun and we don't take ourselves too seriously.
- You'll have the opportunity to learn a lot about a wide variety of systems.
- You'll be able to interact and engage a culturally and thoughtfully diverse group of individuals across campus to help deliver the best educational experience to our students.
Typical daytime hours with occasional after-hours and week-end work. This position will be included in the 24/7 on-call rotation within FASS IT.
This position will be required to serve on-call duties on a rotational basis. This may include responding to emergencies during off hours, including weekends and holidays. On site, response to campus is expected within 60 minutes from the time of the call, if needed. Communication is via a cellular phone, using text or voice modes.
This unit may provide essential services during times of emergencies and inclement weather. This position may be required to fulfill essential services and functions during these times.
This classification requires a basic foundation of knowledge in operating systems programs, maintenance, systems administration, and network systems that would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, engineering mathematics, telecommunications or a related technical field, or equivalent technical training and/or experience.
Special Requirements: *Initial CJIS clearance must be completed within 60 days of hire.
- Must successfully pass an in-depth law enforcement background
- Must submit fingerprints to obtain a FBI Criminal Justice
Information Systems (CJIS) security clearance.
- Must complete and maintain Level 4 CJIS Security Awareness
- Perform duties in a way that advances and supports the mission
of the department and university.
- Work effectively in a diverse team environment and create
effective relationships for problem solving and positive
- Take initiative, looking for what needs to be done and doing
- Pay close attention to detail.
- Maintain a safe and safety-conscious workplace.
- Maintain a respectful workplace and model a positive and
- Model the highest ethical standards.
- Provide superior customer service.
- If using equivalent experience to meet minimum qualifications,
preference will be given to candidates who have an associate's
degree or higher.
- One year of experience working in the field of computer
- Knowledge of Windows and virtualized systems administration
concepts and best practices in a production environment.
- Proficiency in Windows scripting languages.
- Experience with surveillance camera, security alarm and
electronic building access control systems.
- Experience working law enforcement environments and
- Knowledge of project management concepts and
- Knowledge of Active Directory, LDAP, Group Policy Management,
and WSUS patch management concepts and best practices.
- Skill and ability to successfully communicate complex technical
and operational issues to non-technical users.
FLSA Exempt: No
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
This is a classified position represented by the SEIU Local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status. The University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or 541-346-5112.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Civil Rights Compliance, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://police.uoregon.edu/annual-report.
To apply, visit https://careers.uoregon.edu/en-us/job/527799/operating-systemnetwork-analyst-2