Admissions Counselor I
Position Title: Admissions Counselor
Department/Program: Marketing & Enrollment Mgmt 62200
Work Location: Arapahoe Campus
Reports to: Sr. Director, Marketing & Admissions
FLSA Classification: Exempt/Salaried
FTE: 100% (40 hrs/week)
Type of Employment: Regular/FT (30+ hrs/week)
DEI Tier: Tier II
Compensation: $38,500 - $43,100, DOE
Reporting to the Senior Director of
Marketing & Admissions, the Admissions Counselor I represents
Naropa University to prospective students and organizations and
works to increase inquiries and convert applications into enrolled
students. The successful Admissions Counselor I exhibits superior
customer service skills and professionalism throughout daily
interactions and communications with students, including
interviews, phone calls, emails, and information sessions.
Implements recruitment strategies to reach prospective students
through events, referrals, online and print communications, and
outreach to external individuals and groups. Must demonstrate an
ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with team
members, faculty, students, alumni, administrators, and
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Recruitment (90% of effort)
• Manages personal portfolio of student applicants, including but not limited to recruitment, inquiry conversion, application review, financial aid counseling, and yield work.
• Develops and maintains relationships with prospective students and families from the inquiry stage throughout the application process utilizing various networking and communication tactics and platforms.
• Represents the University at various recruiting events: school visits, fairs, open houses, and receptions.
• Presents workshops for high school students.
• Plans and executes regional and national recruiting trips, including scheduling, travel accommodations, budget management, database entry, and follow-up.
• Provides on-campus interview sessions.
• Hosts group and individual information sessions and offers campus tours as required.
• Maintains up-to-date information on Naropa’s programs, planning, and policies through attendance at performances and student club meetings, networking with students and colleagues, and participation on University committees and sub-committees.
• Stays up-to-date on best practices in the admissions/enrollment management field via list-serves, conference attendance, and research with particular attention to the international, transfer, veteran, and returning student fields.
• Acts as Designated School Official, including but not limited to participation in SEVIS training, reviewing documentation for international students, and issuing immigration documents.
• Provides recruitment leadership for one or more of the following prospective student segments: veterans, international students, first-generation college students, students of color.
• Provides on-campus admissions event coordination and execution.
• Stays up-to-date on matters related to the ADA and student accessibility.
• Other duties as necessary
Data Management & Reporting (10% of effort)
• Maintains accuracy of student records in institutional databases, including biographical information, test and education records, etc.
• Continuously collects admissions data based on KPIs identified by Vice President of Marketing and Enrollment Management.
• Assembles and reports on data in relation to University and departmental strategic goals.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 1 – 2 years’ relevant experience in higher education, customer service, sales, or a related field.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Outlook, Explorer, data base entry/management and social networking programs/platforms.
• Valid Driver’s License unrestricted for at least 3 years, a satisfactory driving record, and ability to drive locally and regionally as part of work activities.
• Understanding of and commitment to upholding the vision and mission of Naropa University through aligned personal behaviors, actions, and communications.
• Must demonstrate a commitment to co-create a diverse, inclusive, and equitable community, and actively participate in related professional development regarding the dynamics of privilege and oppression and the impact these have in the workplace.
• Experience working with students and families of diverse backgrounds underrepresented in higher education.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and verbal and written communication skills
• Strong presentation skills.
• High personal level of motivation, strong sense of initiative and self-direction.
• Education/training specific to role
• Prior experience in contemplative education
• Bilingual Spanish/English
Supervision Received & Exercised
• Works to specific, measurable objectives requiring operational planning skill under general supervision.
• Exercises crucial people skills.
• Makes decisions based on established procedures.
• This role does not supervise others.
• Two to four weeks of travel per year required.
• Work generally performed in climate-controlled office environments with periodic outdoor activities.
• Performs a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature.
• Performs with periodic interruptions and distractions.
• Must be able to accommodate some evening and weekend work.
• Lifting/moving/transporting objects up to 25 lbs. unassisted
• Walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching
• Reaching, handling, grasping
All job candidates must possess a commitment to co-create a diverse and inclusive community and actively participate in related professional development regarding the dynamics of privilege and oppression and the impact these have in the workplace.
All job candidates must have an understanding of the dynamics of privilege and oppression, and the impact these have on equity, access, and opportunity.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Student Affairs Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Student Affairs Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Boulder