Board and Administrative Specialist, President's
Starting salary range of $38,000 - $42,000 is based
on the Lee College Classified Staff Salary Scale, B23. Placement on
scale is commensurate with education and related work
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Under the direction of the Chief of Staff and Director of Strategic
Operations (Cos/DSO), coordinate all Board-related functions, serve
as recording secretary at all board meetings, and provide
administrative and operational support to the CoS/DSO and the
Office of the President in carrying out the mission of the
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and post Board meeting Notice and Agenda as required by
law, when directed by the Cos/DSO.
- Maintain a list of ongoing agenda items for future Board
meetings; proactively work with Cabinet to ensure agenda items are
submitted in a timely manner for upcoming meetings.
- Review Board meeting submission documents for accuracy and
appropriate format, and make edits as necessary.
- Communicate with CoS/DSO, Board Committee Chairs, and
appropriate vice President to develop Committee meeting
- Coordinate all functions for Board meetings, including
communicating with Regents, making room reservations, arranging for
audio/visual equipment, ordering food, and preparing meeting
- Attend all Board meetings, serve as recording secretary, and
assist as needed.
- Prepare written minutes of all Board meetings, prepare for
adoption, and signature at the following Board meeting.
- Act as custodian of records and maintain official files and
documents for the Board of Regents, file the approved minutes, and
maintain the official list of Board members.
- Coordinate planning of Board Workshops, Committee Meetings,
Retreats, New Board Member Orientation, and other events as
directed by the CoS/DOS.
- Assist with the TASB Board Policy Update process by preparing
tracking charts, meeting agendas, updating policies as directed,
and keeping official policy materials current.
- Monitor the Board of Regents budget.
- Prepare commencement scripts for the President and Board
- Coordinate and manage the Spring & Fall Commencement,
Nurse's Pinning, and Honors Day participation for Board
- Provide administrative and operational support to the CoS/DSO
and Office of the President.
- Assist the CoS/DSO with meetings, including creating calendar
invites, agendas, producing formal minutes, and capturing decisions
and action items.
- Assist with processing of College Administrative
- Assist with processing Open Records Requests on behalf of the
- Facilitate meetings by making room reservations, making copies,
arranging for audio/visual equipment, ordering food, preparing
meeting room, and clean up.
- Manage the arrangements for travel, lodging, and registration
for Regents and the cos/DSO for appropriate conferences and
- Process financials, including but not limited to purchase
requisitions, per-diems, reimbursements, account statements, and
credit card expenses for Board members and Cos/DSO as
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not
- Greet and receive visitors to the President's Office as
- Answer phones and route calls or provide information as needed;
be the gatekeeper.
- Assist with various activities for the Office of the President;
including, but not limited to:
- Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Run office errands and shop for food and supplies as
- Submit requests for maintenance, custodial services, and room
reservations as needed.
- Plan and attend special events as directed.
- In her absence, assume the responsibilities of Coordinator of
Executive Operations as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position.
This is a security-sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender,
disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran
- Associate’s (or higher) degree or successful completion of
sixty (60) college credit hours
- Three (3) years of related work experience supporting
- Must be organized, accurate, attentive to detail, and able to
master a wide range of complex tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced work
- Self-motivated, proactive, and strong critical thinking
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, as well
as the ability to master additional software programs as
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to
diffuse irate, frustrated students and parents
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to converse easily with
the public, friendly and personable
- Dependable, professional
- Must be flexible to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as
- Bilingual: Ability to read, write, and speak both English and
- Experience with Board Meeting Management
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following
documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts
for all completed college work.
required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3)
professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of
the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6985
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer,
which encourages applications from qualified females, minority
groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee
College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of
all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability,
race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in
areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion,
demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms
of compensation or benefits.