Assistant Director - Central Plant Operations (Current UVU
: Staff - Full-Time
The purpose of this position is to manage all activities and
personnel related to the management and the improvement of the UVU
Central Plant with it's accompanying mechanical equipment, systems
and Building management systems (BMS). UVU offers an excellent
benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid
holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and
AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for
employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a
Bachelors Degree in a technical field plus 3 years directly related
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In depth knowledge of HVAC systems in a multiple Central plant
configuration for a large regional University campus.
- Knowledge and experience of BMS systems including programing,
testing implementation and troubleshooting.
- Must have a strong understanding of the Schneider Electric
Eco-Struxure and Tridium N4 BMS
- Knowledge and experience with multiple types of HVAC systems
that implement geothermal exchange, cooling towers, single and 2
stage evaporative cooling and heat pumps/condensers
- Knowledge and experience with consulting on HVAC design for new
and remodel project.
- Must be proficient in the use CMMS (Sprocket preferred),
Microsoft office Suite.
- Air conditioning, lighting automation, automated building
management systems (BMS)
- Ability to manage staff of 20+ technicians, programmers and
- Understanding of Geothermal heat transfer systems.
- Ability to lead by example, motivate staff and mentor
- Ability to manage difficult and stressful situations required
during breakdowns, flooding and emergencies.
- Ability to assist design professionals with mechanical
guidelines and design assistance.
- 10+ years in managing a large central plant system on a
university or corporate campus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred or B.S.
degree in a Technology related field, with 5+ years of experience
in a supervisory/management role.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs, ladders and across a large
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to be standing and/or walking for extended amount of
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous
leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental
insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver
(undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and
substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$60,259 - $75,323
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
This position is for
current UVU employees only.
An individual who meets at least one of the following criteria may
apply for this position as an in-house applicant:-Adjunct faculty
status for at least two full semesters
prior to the position’s opening date, AND/OR-Non-Student Part-time
hourly employee employed a minimum of 6 consecutive months,
working at least an average of 20 hours per week
immediately prior to the position’s opening date, AND/OR-Salaried
employee employed a minimum of 6 consecutive months,
working at least an average of 40 hours per week
immediately prior to the position’s opening date.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/23498
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s
qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability,
veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related
conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law.