Assistant/ Associate Professor (NTTA or Tenure Track) School
Psychology & Counseling
Long Island University
School Psychology and Counseling
Long Island University
LIU is seeking qualified candidates to apply for a full-time tenure
track or non-tenure track appointment Assistant or Associate
Professor Position (depending upon qualifications) in the
Department of School Psychology and Counseling/LIU School of
Education. Basic responsibilities include teaching and advising
graduate students in the School Psychology Program at the LIU
Brooklyn campus.Additionally, a commitment to scholarly research
and curriculum improvement is expected.
- Teaching in the School Psychology Program at the LIU Brooklyn
- Developing and maintaining an active research agenda including
- Ongoing mentoring and advising of graduate school psychology
- Supervision of graduate student trainee fieldwork experiences
in practicum and counseling internship courses.
- Participation in curriculum improvement and departmental and
university committee activity.
- Collaboration with other faculty to ensure continued success of
our graduate counseling programs.
- Candidates must have active membership and involvement in
professional counseling organizations.
Education Requirements:Candidates should meet the following
- Doctorate in school psychology education from an accredited
program. ABD acceptable if graduating by August, 2021.
- Individuals who have taught in an accredited program after
July, 2016 would also be eligible to apply.
- A record of successful experience in higher education and/or
other educational environments with publication and grant writing
- Some experience in school psychology.
- Knowledge of the New York State Education Department
requirements for certification as a school psychologist.
- Publication in professional journals and grant writing
experience is welcomed.
Application:To apply for this position send the following
- Cover letter
- Complete curriculum vita
- 3 letters of recommendation with contact information
Competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Excellent start-up package, benefits, and research support.
Academic year appointment beginning Fall 2021.Review of
applications will begin immediately and continue until position is
LIU s an equal opportunity employer. LIU is committed to extending
equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can
contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic
community.LIU encourages applications from all qualified
individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or
expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity,
citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or
any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal
laws.Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United
For full application instructions and position description,