Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager in the Project Management Office, the Project Coordinator will lead the project management process for small scale projects in the Office of the Chancellor. They will work closely with stakeholders in defining the project scope and schedule and will oversee the entire project lifecycle. The Project Coordinator will also assist on mid- large scale, complex projects, working closely with the project managers to create, maintain and monitor project documentation.
- Collaborate with all relevant stakeholders in the definition of project scope and objectives
- Articulate small to mid sized projects into detailed project documentation
- Monitor and track progress of projects
- Manage changes to the project scope, schedule and budget
- Identify and manage project risk
- Maintain and monitor project plans for Senior Project Manager
- Ensure projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project
- Support the Project Management Office in the development and refinement of templates, tools, and practices
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1-3 years or professional or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical and technical abilities
- A factual, direct style of communication
- Demonstrated self-discipline and attention to detail
- Able to produce high quality, organized, and repeatable results
- Possess confidence, self-discipline, and a sense of urgency
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/507144