Senior Associate Director, Data Strategy
Senior Associate Director, Data Strategy & Analytics
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The Northeastern community has a tradition of giving back, and each day, we witness the impact of our community's remarkable generosity. Our students are pursuing co-ops in all corners of the globe, growing their cultural fluency and preparing to thrive in the world. Our faculty are delivering leading-edge scholarship, teaching and mentoring tomorrow's leaders. And our researchers are pioneering new lines of inquiry, accelerating discovery in emerging fields. Northeastern University Advancement and the Advancement Resources team play an integral role in engaging the Northeastern community to create a strong, more sustainable, and bright future.
The Senior Associate Director, Data Strategy and Analytics reports to the Executive Director, Data Stewardship, Analytics, and Gift Administration. They will serve as a thought partner to the Executive Director by surfacing key issues/opportunities and proposing solutions in regards to all aspects of data access and usage. The Senior Associate Director will function as a lead data steward and analyst, managing the Data Quality and Data Analytics teams in maintaining data quality, developing profiles, and analysis.
The Senior Associate Director, Data Strategy and Analytics will have the ability to understand, articulate, interpret, and apply strategy to unique, moderately complex business problems that may span one or main functions or domains. In collaboration with the Advancement Technology team, the Senior Associate Director will identify and recommend integrations and architecture to support the functional use of data throughout Advancement. They understand existing statistical models and identify and recommend statistical models based on hypothesis, identifying patterns, trends, outliers, and correlations. Good knowledge of Data Management tools, techniques, and programing languages required. Must have experience performing data analytics and writing SQL queries.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Arts, Finance or related field and 7+ years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field
- 7+ years of experience working in data management & governance; data management background who understands data, how to ingest data, proper data use/consumption, data quality, and stewardship
- 7+ years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field
- Ability to partner with the business and technical subject matter experts to ensure standardization
- Ability to describe business use cases/outcomes, data sources and management concepts, and analytical approaches/options
- Excellent business acumen and interpersonal skills; able to work across business lines at senior levels to influence and effect change to achieve common goals
- The ability to sell ideas and process internally at all levels
- Proficiency in SQL, Informatica and Salesforce is helpful
- Self-starter who welcomes responsibility, along with the ability to thrive in an evolving organization and an ability to bring structure to unstructured situations
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/507113