Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The UX/UI designer will report to the Director of User Experience and work collaboratively with our multidisciplinary team of strategists, project managers, designers, writers and developers. You will be responsible for the full lifecycle of user experience mapping, including, but not limited to, UX/UI mockups, prototypes and integrity of the final product. You will be an active contributor to the discovery process, understanding and translating respective business goals for which you will be solving.
This position is located at the Boston campus and is not eligible for remote work.
- Produce exceptional UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes
- Continually evolve our digital design system through the creation and refinement of UI elements and tools such as navigation menus, search boxes, tabs, and widgets, etc.
- Conduct concept and usability testing; synthesize and analyze results and provide recommended action plan
- Understand user needs, mindset and motivations
- Investigate the relationship between business goals and user needs
- Translate user needs and business goals into experience strategies and specifications
- Create personas through user research and consumer data insights
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
- Propose creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Collaborate with developers, sharing design ideas and prototypes to determine feasible implementation strategies
- 4+ years of UX and UI design experience
- Ability to distill simplicity from complex user and business
- Comfortable using the tools of the trade like Figma, Sketch,
- Experience with user research and translating insights from
research to your designs
- Expertise in interaction design and information
- Great communication skills both when interfacing with
stakeholders and colleagues
- Flexible, decisive and knows how to put ego aside and focus on
the right solution
- Eager to contribute to a dynamic environment and growing
- Able to work in fast-paced, ambiguous environments with
- Invested in personal professional growth and continuous
- Open to receiving and implementing feedback
- Problem-solving aptitude and positive attitude
- Analytical mind with a business acumen is a plus
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/507115