Associate Director of Alumni Affairs
Baylor College of Medicine educates healthcare providers and scientists in programs considered among the elite in the world. Currently, there’s over 21,000 alumni across the globe. The Alumni Affairs team works to increase alumni engagement through building strategic relationships that can lead to long-term philanthropic support to the institution. The Associate Director of Alumni Affairs is responsible for implementing the strategic engagement plan to increase alumni and student engagement. The Associate Director of Alumni Affairs will report to the Senior Director of Alumni Affairs.
When you join Baylor College of Medicine, you become part of a dynamic team that continues to shape the healthcare landscape after more than 120 years. Baylor is a key driver of the explosive growth and sustained excellence of the Texas Medical Center (TMC), the largest group of biomedical institutions on Earth. Our world-renowned faculty educate the next generation of health professionals, research tomorrow's cures and treat patients at our co-owned CHI Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center and at numerous affiliate hospitals and health centers across the TMC and Texas. We are committed to serving diverse communities in our region and around the world through a wide range of healthcare and educational outreach programs.
Home to the No. 1-ranked medical school in Texas, according to U.S. News & World Report, Baylor is the largest recipient of National Institutes of Health (NIH) funding in the state. Our Department of Molecular and Human Genetics pioneered the field and is ranked first in the nation based on NIH support.
Baylor is an open and welcoming environment that values inclusion, collaboration and entrepreneurial thinking. A career at Baylor will provide you with an exciting opportunity to apply and grow your unique talents and skills toward our vision of improving health through science, scholarship and innovation.
- Manage and implement alumni and student engagement programs including the Alumni Student Ambassador Board, Alumni-Student Mentorship program, campus-based student engagement activities
- Work in partnership with Special Programs to plan and execute engagement events including alumni reunion, awards, regional receptions
- Manage online alumni and student community
- Work collaboratively with annual giving and major gift team to maximize alumni giving
- Participate in identifying and stewarding alumni prospects, documents donor related activities
- Assist with overall annual plan and strategy
- Work with program leadership on creating a engagement strategy
- Assist in identifying alumni leads for pipeline building
- Serve as project manager for all alumni events
- Work with leadership on alumni stewardship efforts
- Bachelor's degree.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Business, Communication or other related field of study
- Four to six years of experience in alumni affairs, development or related fields
- Excellent organizational skills required including the ability to manage multiple demands and projects
- Strong communication skills
- Technical proficiency and knowledge (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Raiser's Edge)
- Must reflect the values of Baylor College of Medicine at all times, with particular emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, integrity, and honesty
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed for various meetings and events
- Must have the ability to create and manage a comprehensive alumni and student engagement plan, always thinking creatively how to reengage lost alumni
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.