Solutions Architect - Temp
Temporary, full time (one-year appointment with option for renewal)
Under supervision of the Director of IT Planning and Engagement in the Office of Information Technology, the Solutions Architect helps generate solutions to address and meet various stakeholder requirements and needs. In this role, you will work on a variety of projects and will play a key part in making sure that end results are designed according to the relevant patterns and analyses. Effectively collaborates across technology teams and business units through excellent communication skills, diplomacy and a positive attitude. Responsible for performing job duties in accordance with the mission, vision and values of the University of Central Oklahoma. Hybrid/Remote option available . Must complete on-site orientation up to 30 days as determined by position.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
Responsible for designing, creating and executing analytical products including standard reporting, custom reporting, import/export data files and simulation models. Supports and delivers on assigned PMO projects with requirements developed through the collaborative effort of cross-functional teams and clients. Work with teams to produce reports that provide valuable insight for all areas of the business to enable continuous business improvements with current practices, products and services
- Design and implement solutions.
- Comprehend business strategies and requirements and develop necessary designs and plans to ensure projects and solutions satisfy those needs.
- Act as a contributing member of the project team from project inception to completion
- Actively listen to client problems and needs to implement that information when creating solution plans.
- Provide advice and make decisions about which technologies would be suitable to use for various projects.
- Consistently monitor the scope of projects
- Collaborate with project managers and other staff members to develop budgets and timelines for solutions.
- Assess and evaluate risk as required.
- Maintain an understanding of how individual work and decisions fit into the broader organizational picture.
- Keep skills updated and remain proactively aware of happenings and current events in the industry.
- Mentor, educate, and train colleagues as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, software engineering, or related field.
5+ years of work experience in a relevant role.
Proven history of generating innovative and effective solutions.
Professional experience working with and analyzing computer hardware and software.
Excellent interpersonal communication skills to explain complex technical topics in an easily digestible manner.
Experience with database management, operating systems, and proper systems security best practices.
Willingness to work independently and as part of a team.
Broad understanding of various information technology topics.
Previous project management experience is preferred.
Agile task delivery experience is preferred.
Experience in understanding multiple coding languages.
Knowledge / Skill / Abilities:
Experience with developing solutions with Microsoft Power Automate is a plus
Experience in software engineering and design architecture
Intermediate understanding of ERP systems, APIs (application programming interfaces), and application integrations
General: Must possess strong customer service and interpersonal skills. Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, disseminate, and present significant amounts of information with an attention to detail and accuracy. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users. Ability to facilitate team interaction and client meetings effectively. Ability to work independently or with specialized group and maintain courteous attitude in dealing with students, faculty, and staff. Manage and prioritize work effectively with minimal supervision. Proficient with Microsoft Office Professional. Continually updates skills and knowledge relative to the position and the technology industry. Adheres to and complies with UCO’s shared values and the Office of Information Technology’s Code of Ethics. This position may be assigned 24x7x365 on-call rotation responsibilities and requires the successful candidate to have high-speed internet access to their residence, and maintain a smart phone on which to receive telephone calls, email, SMS messages from servers and authorized OIT personnel.
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond