Data Analyst - Temp
Temporary, full time (one-year appointment with option for renewal)
Under supervision of the Manager of BI, Reports, and Data Services in the Office of Information Technology, the Data Analyst provide analytics/BI solutions to meet user needs enterprise-level technology service delivery. In this role, you will work on a variety of projects and will play a key part in making sure that end results are designed according to the relevant patterns and analyses. Works with teams to produce reports that provide valuable data insight for all areas of the business. Effectively collaborates across technology teams and business units through excellent communication skills, diplomacy and a positive attitude. Responsible for performing job duties in accordance with the mission, vision and values of the University of Central Oklahoma. Hybrid/Remote option available . Must complete on-site orientation up to 30 days as determined by position.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
Responsible for designing, creating and executing analytical products including standard reporting, custom reporting, import/export data files and simulation models. Supports and delivers on assigned PMO projects with requirements developed through the collaborative effort of cross-functional teams and clients. Work with teams to produce reports that provide valuable insight for all areas of the business to enable continuous business improvements with current practices, products and services.
- Develop and execute standard reports, custom reports, and data files
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques. Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Initially validate results to ensure data integrity of the reports and/or files produced.
- Establish and document report data formatting, delivery methods, and maintenance procedures.
- Support university initiatives and projects related to data requests and analytical products. Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs. Submit routine reports to internal staff and executive team as requested.
- Work with internal customers on custom data reporting and file requests to define requirements, create queries to meet requirements, conduct testing, and any import/export processes.
- Work with clients to establish eligibility data exchange and write data mapping specifications for custom file layouts. This includes testing eligibility data files with vendor, defining profiles, and documenting procedures.
- Work with external customers and system vendors to coordinate data file transfers.
- Collaborates with Technology Resource Center technology trainers to deliver scheduled and just-in-time training opportunities and knowledge transfer for support specialists and end users.
- Train internal and external users on reporting tools and provide ongoing support.
- Publish client-facing support documents to improve user experience.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, software engineering, or related field
3+ years of work experience in a relevant role
Excellent interpersonal communication skills to explain complex technical topics in an easily digestible manner.
Willingness to work independently and as part of a team.
3 years of experience authoring SQL queries and using report writing tools (Tableau, Power BI)
4+ years in a data analyst role
Agile task delivery experience is preferred
Knowledge / Skills/ Abilities:
Technical expertise with data modeling, database design, and data mining.
General: Must possess strong customer service and interpersonal skills. Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, disseminate, and present significant amounts of information with an attention to detail and accuracy. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users. Ability to facilitate team interaction and client meetings effectively. Ability to work independently or with specialized group and maintain courteous attitude in dealing with students, faculty, and staff. Manage and prioritize work effectively with minimal supervision. Proficient with Microsoft Office Professional. Continually updates skills and knowledge relative to the position and the technology industry. Adheres to and complies with UCO’s shared values and the Office of Information Technology’s Code of Ethics. This position may be assigned 24x7x365 on-call rotation responsibilities and requires the successful candidate to have high-speed internet access to their residence, and maintain a smart phone on which to receive telephone calls, email, SMS messages from servers and authorized OIT personnel.
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Instructional Technology & Design (Campus) Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond