Cloud Computing Engineer III
This position supports Knight Shield, a secure environment
established at UCF to meet federal IT compliance requirements that
is managed and operated by the Institute for Simulation and
Training in support of researchers across the university.
Responsibilities include building and monitoring highly resilient,
secure, compliant, automated, cost-effective cloud computing
environments following all applicable compliance standards,
including but not limited to NIST 800-171, NIST 800-53, HIPAA
Security Rule, DISA STIGs and SRGs. This position is
customer-focused and will work closely with researchers for
gathering requirements, collaborating with IT Teams on campus for
setting up Windows/Linux environments and supporting applications
for research projects.
Position responsibilities include:
- Deploy, manage, and operate scalable, highly available, and
fault tolerant systems on Azure and AWS, using systems engineering,
network engineering, multi-region and multi-account design
strategies to deliver well-architected cloud solutions for
compliance needs, with boundary protection, data protection, and
operational security management.
- Write and maintain technical documentation of various
environments. Write procedures, standards, and help draft policies
needed to meet regulatory requirements. Provide artifacts and
documentation needed for compliance and risk assessments, reports
- Gather and document researcher requirements and provide design
and architectural recommendations for implementation, deployment,
and provisioning cloud resources. Provide cloud budgetary estimates
for research proposals. Assist researchers in application
deployments, and maintenance. Share training resources with
researchers to help with their cloud environments.
- Monitor configuration changes; create and maintain tools and
scripts to manage deployments and configurations. Continually
evaluate and identify tools, frameworks and technologies to
support, improve and secure the overall solution delivery.
- Build and maintain automation scripts using Azure Resource
Manager and AWS CloudFormation or similar for infrastructure
administration and operations. Set up Virtual Private Cloud
resources, subnets, network access control lists, and security
groups. Perform OS updates, software deployment, script creation,
and backups, as necessary.
- Resolve support tickets for researchers running Windows, Linux,
and applications in the cloud.
- Monitor resource utilization on the cloud and provide
cost-saving recommendations (e.g. reserved or spot instances) based
on use case or research workloads.
- Other duties as assigned.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Alafaya
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Alafaya
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Alafaya