Assistant Director Marketing Athletics 998619
XAVIER UNIVERSITY ATHLETICS
Start Date: Beginning no later than September 7, 2021
Xavier University, a member of the BIG EAST Conference, seeks qualified candidates for the position of Assistant Director for Marketing. The Assistant Director for Marketing reports to the Director for Marketing and is responsible for developing and managing the marketing and promotional plans for volleyball, baseball, and other assigned sports, game day presentation, special events, and ancillary revenue-generating programs.
- Create and execute the marketing and group ticket sales plans for volleyball and baseball
- Serve as the secondary marketing contact for women’s basketball, which includes assisting with the marketing plan and managing the preparation and creation of PA scripts and game logs
- Act as the game producer for volleyball and women’s basketball home games
- Coordinate all in-game and on-court promotions for all men’s basketball home games
- Oversight of booking and scheduling of halftime acts, color guard and national anthem performers, and ball kids for basketball events.
- Manage Junior Musketeers kids club program and Musketeer Reading Program
- Manage community relations efforts including special events
- Coordinate on-campus and grassroots marketing efforts
- Manage the athletic department’s charitable donation program
- Oversight responsibility for the marketing internship program
- Serve as liaison with Pep Band and Cheer & Mascot spirit squad
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, sports management or a related field
- At least two years of experience in collegiate or professional sports beyond the candidate’s undergraduate experience
- Excellent organizational skills, work ethic and detail-oriented approach
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, and a working knowledge of graphic design programs, including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends, and to work efficiently on short deadlines
- Professional, results-oriented self-starter who takes initiative to solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Have knowledge of and maintain compliance of all NCAA, BIG EAST Conference, and Athletic Department rules and regulations
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Please submit a cover letter, including handles of all personal social media and resume with three references. Applications will be accepted until August 1, 2021 .
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Marketing & Sales Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati