Sports Information Liaison
The Sports Information Liaison will
document and publicize the accomplishments of all City Colleges of
Chicago (CCC) student athletes and teams. This position will work
directly with CCC Communications department and Student Athletic
departments at each campus.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as student athletic department liaison to the
- Works with the District Office Communications department
pre-season and organizes media days to publicize all CCC sports
teams and allows media access to coaches and players.
- Organizes and disseminates all student athletic information and
oversees all media communication between the colleges, league,
local and national media.
- Works directly with CCC athletic teams, coaches and student
- Approves media that covers the CCC student athletic
- Serves on the CCC athletic board that will oversee all activity
related to the CCC student athletic department.
- Collects information on each CCC student athlete.
- Proofreads all department athletic materials.
- Gathers media guides for each sport at each college.
- Gathers media guides for each sport in the proposed
- Creates uniform program guides for all college sports
- Writes up press releases for the sports program.
- Tracks official statistics for each college sport
- Develops Hall of Fame Club criteria.
- Assists with all summer leagues, coaches’ clinics, and student
- Assists with all promotions dealing with student athlete
- Assists with building a banner campaign for all community
- Communicates approved information to various media
- Covers all league and conference activities.
- Compiles all sports related information and creates CCC media
guides per college throughout the pre and post seasons.
- Utilizes statistics to assist the media on stories or emerging
- Collects information from coaches and other administrators to
provide biographical information for media outlets, media guides,
- Writing press releases.
- Coordinates all district media coverage regarding student
- Assists in creating more interest involving student athletics
in the community through various forms of media.
- Accommodates media representatives who cover the various
college sports teams by issuing press credentials, supplying
in-game statistics, and assisting in coordinating interviews and
- Gathers district-wide student athletics information to provide
to all stakeholders.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or
related field, supplemented with 5 years of experience.
- A vibrant understanding of collegiate athletic marketing and
urban community policies, or five years of experience in the field
of urban community journalism.
- Must be able to work in a culturally diverse environment with
the ability to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Must be self-directed, innovative and able to evaluate current
operations in an effort to develop practical action programs to
improve the functioning of the department.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required with the ability
to communicate persuasively with tact and diplomacy.
Excellent health and welfare benefit package and
long term savings and investment programs including 403(b) &
457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State
University Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation,
holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a
more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page
of our website.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within
6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City College of