HUMBOLDT PARK VOCATIONAL EDUCATION CENTER
The Engineering Department of Humboldt Park Vocational Education Center of Wilbur Wright College, one of the City Colleges of Chicago, seeks an Engineer-Chief to provide efficient and professional engineering services for the maintenance of the building and grounds of the site.
- Maintains the building equipment and machinery to keep in excellent working condition.
- Supervises engineering staff and assists with assignment coordination.
- Analyzes costs and work schedules and sets priorities to expedite operations and repairs.
- Apportions work among engineering staff according to specialized training.
- Directs engineering personnel in computing operating budgets, compiling reports, and conducting special investigations and studies to evaluate efficiency of operation programs.
- Issues work orders and controls work to keep expenditures within funds available.
- Inspects completed work and authorizes job order closeouts.
- Observes work site and activity to ensure that required safety standards are being met.
- Inspects installations at all stages to ensure installation operations are in compliance with plans and specifications.
- Performs other related duties as assigned in accordance with the union contract.
- Present membership in the plant engineering staff for the City Colleges of Chicago for a minimum period of twelve months.
- Must possess a high school diploma or the equivalent and have a Stationary Engineer’s license.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge and experience in the operation and repair of heating and ventilation equipment, steam plants, motors, combustion engines, pumps, air compressors, ice and refrigeration equipment, air conditioning units, fans automatic/power oiling pumps and engines.
- Additional knowledge and skills in others trades are preferred.
Monday through Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Note: Work schedule is subject to change based upon facility hours of operation. Advance notice will be communicated in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within six (6) months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago