Nursing Faculty Member, Day Option
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Nursing Faculty Member (full-time, tenure-track) will have responsibility for classroom, lab and clinical instruction, college service, and advising duties. This position will be filled immediately upon appointment. The faculty member will participate in all modalities of instruction for students enrolled in the Associate Degree program. Courses are team-taught Monday through Friday.
Note: The College will offer instruction consistent with the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), directives from the Massachusetts Governor’s Office, and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Provide instruction in the classroom and the clinical/campus laboratory using multiple instructional strategies and integrating computer technology with instruction.
- Remote classroom/clinical/lab instruction (e.g. Zoom, interactive simulation, and case studies).
- Create and provide teaching resources via Moodle platform.
- Plan, supervise, and evaluate learning experiences for students in the clinical area.
- Utilize patient simulation in the teaching-learning process.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate nursing curriculum as a member of the nursing teaching team.
- Coordinate and effectively maintain relationships with health agencies utilized for clinical experiences.
- Hold at least four posted office hours per week on at least four days and schedule conferences with individual students to discuss their progress in the program.
- Provide academic advising to assigned students.
- Attend and participate in all division, department, nursing program and nursing course team meetings and planning activities, including selected subcommittees within the Nursing Program.
- Actively participate in college service opportunities.
- Maintain professional growth and remain current in nursing practice.
- Assist in preparation for nursing and college-wide accreditation visits.
- Participate in the assessment of student learning outcomes at the course, program, and college levels.
- Assist in development, implementation, and evaluation of program and college-related policies.
- Assist/participate in the maintenance of the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing regulations for Nursing Programs.
- Participate in the systematic evaluation of all components of the Nursing Program.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, or eligibility for Massachusetts Registered Nurse licensure.
- Master’s degree in nursing from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution.
- Broad experience in nursing including experience in acute care nursing.
- Experience in applying evidence-based medical/surgical nursing interventions in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Knowledge of the health needs of special populations such as aging individuals.
- Recent teaching experience in a college-level nursing program and/or clinical/staff education setting.
- Commitment to support a student-centered, outcome-based approach to education.
- Experience with the integration of technology as well as active and collaborative learning strategies in the teaching-learning process.
- Experience in the assessment of learning outcomes at the course, program, and college levels.
- Experience in development, implementation, and evaluation of program and college-related and or healthcare policies.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in medical surgical nursing across the lifespan.
- Ability to meet challenges of adult students with diverse backgrounds.
- Experience with nursing curriculum development and revision.
- Appreciation for and commitment to working in a global, multicultural academic setting.
- Experience with the integration of both high and moderate fidelity human patient simulations in the teaching-learning process.
- Experience in NEASC and ACEN accreditation processes.
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as noted above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience has prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.