Human Resource Officer for Employment
Position Type Civil Service Classification Title Human Resource Officer Position's Functional Title Human Resource Officer for Employment Position Start Date Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
Governors State University Human Resource Department is seeking to hire a Human Resource Officer for Employment.
Under the direction and with the guidance of other Human Resource professionals, the Human Resource Officer for Employment will support the obligations and initiatives of the Human Resources Department. This position serves the Governors State University community as part of the Employment/ HRIS /Testing team, and will be responsible for the effective and efficient execution of a wide range of complex employment activity, in a compliant and confidential manner. This position interacts with internal and external customers in a professional, consultative and supportive manner. In concert with the mission and goals of Governors State University, the Human Resource Officer for Employment will develop professional affiliations to promote equality, diversity, inclusion and compliance on a daily basis. This position will proficiently use various technology tools, and access professional resources to perform duties and responsibilities.
Salary Range: $42,456.81 to $48,825.34.
(This is a non-negotiated position. Salary starts at the base and is determined based on Education and Experience exceeding the minimum qualifications).
REQUIRED : DOCUMENTATION CONFIRMING HIGH SCHOOL COMPLETION OR EQUIVALENT MUST BE ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION OF THIS POSITION, COLLEGE / UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPTS MAY BE SUBSTITUTED (See “Special instructions to applicants” section below).
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Any combination totaling three years from the following categories:
a) progressively more responsible work experience performing duties comparable to those listed for the previous lower level of the series.
b) college course work in human resource administration or business administration, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
• 60 semester hours equals one year
• 90 semester hours equals two years
• 120 semester hours equals three years
For more details, visit: https://www.sucss.illinois.gov/pages/classspec/Detail.aspx?tblClassIndexID=1940. Preferred Qualifications
· Experience with Recruitment and Applicant Tracking software such as PeopleAdmin
· Experience with Higher Education integrated database such as Ellucian, Colleague
· Familiarity with the State Universities Civil Service System ( SUCSS )
· Five years of experience performing progressive duties in human resources specifically related to employment, recruitment, and/or onboarding.
Posting Date 07/15/2021 Closing Date 07/25/2021 Open Until Filled No Posting Number CS0545P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting https://employment.govst.edu/postings/6108 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants
DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENT :
For consideration, applicants are required to attach the following:
1: Documentation confirming High School completion or equivalent ( COLLEGE / UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPTS MAY BE SUBSTITUTED ).
2: Online Application – Must be fully completed, include all dates of employment, employment status (full-time or if part-time, include percentages), job duties and responsibilities (full details).
3: Cover Letter.
5: A list of three Professional References.
EXAMINATION DETAILS :
This vacancy involves a paper exam. Please see the State Universities Civil Service System ( SUCSS ) website for additional details at www.sucss.illinois.gov .
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT :
Illinois residency is required within 180 days of hire date.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE POINTS :
Veterans may be eligible to receive additional points on a passing final examination score. To determine eligibility, submit one of the following documents to the Department of Human Resources:
1: Department of Defense – DD214/DD215
2: National Guard – NGB22 Form
3: Discharge Orders
4: Reserves – DD256 Discharge Certificate
**Note: Must be received by the closing date of this posting. Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- Have you attached a copy of your high school diploma/GED or
transcripts to confirm that you have a high school diploma/GED?
(You may substitute with college/university transcripts.)
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- High School Diploma or GED
- College/University Transcripts
- Veteran’s/Military Preference Points Documentation
- Certification/Professional License
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Human Development & Family Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest