Professor and Endowed Chair in Business Analytics #202211TTL
The McCoy College of
Business Administration at Texas State University invites
applications for the Jerry D. & Linda Gregg Fields
Chair in Business Analytics. This is a full-time, endowed,
tenured faculty position at the rank of Professor. We seek
outstanding candidates from all areas of business with a
distinctive disciplinary expertise and applied focus on business
analytics. The appointee is expected to have a nationally
recognized research record, pursue continuing research and
scholarship, communicate research applications to external
stakeholders, and provide disciplinary expertise, innovation, and
leadership to help shape the College’s strategic goals for business
analytics. The McCoy College is interested in recruiting an
individual who can embrace and enhance the vision of a diverse,
collegial, and productive academic environment while building and
leading collaborative, interdisciplinary teams.
Texas State’s San Marcos campus is located in a growing
community along the I-35 corridor between Austin and San Antonio.
With its strategic location in the heart of the region’s innovation
ecosystem, where blackland prairies roll into beautiful hills,
Texas State enjoys a setting that is unique among Texas
universities. Texas State is a Hispanic-Serving Institution and an
Emerging Research University within the State of Texas. “Harnessing
Big Data” is one of the University’s five strategic “Big Ideas,”
and this endowed chair position is a transformative investment in
data science and analytics research for the McCoy
The McCoy College of Business fosters an engaged learning
community that prepares a diverse student population for successful
business careers as responsible global citizens. The College
complements these efforts with research that adds to knowledge,
provides solutions to business challenges, and contributes to
pedagogical advances. The College is AACSB-accredited, has
grown more than 30 percent over the last 10 years, and serves over
4,200 undergraduate students and nearly 500 graduate students. The
College hosts seven master’s degree programs, including Data
Analytics and Information Science, Quantitative Finance and
Economics, Marketing Research and Analysis, Accountancy,
Accounting and Information Technology, Human Resource Management,
and Business Administration.
- Develop a nationally and internationally recognized research program, including extramural grant funded research and industry projects, that addresses business challenges through analytics.
- Conduct and collaborate on high quality research leading to publications in top-tier journals.
- Develop and teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels, including online offerings, that focus on areas of business analytics including programming (e.g., R; Python), data visualization, data mining, optimization, applied machine learning, artificial intelligence, intelligent systems, blockchain analytics, IoT and big data analytics, and/or data-driven decision-making in business.
- Share expertise within one or more disciplinary domains in the College such as decision-making at the consumer, investor, supplier, managerial, or employee levels.
- Enhance the integration of business applications of data analytics tools and methods into the College’s curricular and co-curricular learning experiences, including graduate programs.
- Provide thought leadership and share insights through engagement with diverse groups including faculty, students, alumni, media, industry professionals, and other external stakeholders.
- Serve as an excellent faculty role model who inspires, encourages, and mentors colleagues and students.
- Contribute to college and university initiatives by sharing expertise, building interdisciplinary programs and curriculum, and recruiting high-caliber students.
- Participate in analytics conferences and workshops to maintain currency in research and the classroom.
- An earned doctorate appropriate to the College.
- A record of excellence in scholarship, teaching, and service commensurate with tenured appointment at the rank of full professor in one of the 5 academic departments: Accounting, Computer Information Systems and Quantitative Methods, Finance and Economics, Management, or Marketing.
- Evidence of a nationally/internationally recognized research agenda and publication record with contributions in business analytics at the firm, industry, platform, or market levels.
- Successful experience in writing and administering external grants.
- Demonstrated commitment to research mentorship.
- Demonstrated commitment to interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and explain scholarship to non-academic audiences.
- Record of building robust graduate programs that advance the use of business analytics.
- Demonstrated leadership in building partnerships with external stakeholders including industry professionals, organizations, and media.
- A distinguished teaching record at an AACSB-accredited business school.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Record of leadership in major professional organizations.
Only applications submitted for this specific posting through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/35585.
To ensure full consideration, please submit the following materials by September 15, 2021:
- Curriculum vitae;
- Application letter that addresses each of the above responsibilities and qualifications;
- Statement of research philosophy;
- Statement of teaching philosophy; and
- Names and contact information, including email, phone, and address, for three professional references.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official
transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
The confidential review of credentials will continue until the position is filled. For inquiries, please e-mail Dr. Alexis Stokes, Chair of the Search Committee, at FieldsSearch@txstate.edu.
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.
Why Work at Texas State?
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Business Administration Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Other Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos